·
Premium Member
16,928 Posts
wow.. i want so bad...

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
just went to order one of these for my mom
and my sister thought they were in stock and ordered it up real quick..
turned out to just be a 1000 :/
so we're sending it back in for a HE

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
I bought a 1000H only a few months ago for $490. Now ASUS comes out with the 1000HE which is better for only $349. Argh!

·
Premium Member
9,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by subliminally incorrect View Post
nice 1000HE. looks like mine, but me thinks that you hath loaded win7 on it?

how's it run compared to xp and hows the battery life?
nope, just xp with a custom mstheme

battery life is pretty good, i haven't had the chance to break it in yet, but from what i can tell..expect ~7 hours of battery life with power saver on and screen at 30% brightness (pretty bright), wifi on, and surfing the nets

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by r34p3rex
View Post

nope, just xp with a custom mstheme

battery life is pretty good, i haven't had the chance to break it in yet, but from what i can tell..expect ~7 hours of battery life with power saver on and screen at 30% brightness (pretty bright), wifi on, and surfing the nets

If I were you, I would try out battery doubler to increase battery life. It usually gives you around 30 minutes more. The biggest thing that I've seen it does that isn't easy to implement manually on the fly is disabling unused ports. You may be surprised by the amount of power drawn by idle I/O ports.

·
Premium Member
9,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by HardwaterH4ck3r
View Post

If I were you, I would try out battery doubler to increase battery life. It usually gives you around 30 minutes more. The biggest thing that I've seen it does that isn't easy to implement manually on the fly is disabling unused ports. You may be surprised by the amount of power drawn by idle I/O ports.

I will have to check this out
Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts