Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just really curious what this is all about. OCCT always shows my 12v at 5v when ever it finishes any testing. I want to say I've seen it shown as such on other graphs as well, but at the moment I can't think of where that might have been to back that claim up. So for now we'll just say OCCT.

I'm not terribly worried as it's done it since I built a month ago and I've never noticed any strange performance to say everything isn't fine. Just really curious what could be causing this.

What other sources could I use as well to get a reading on my 12v line?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,836 Posts
does it show it at ~12v DURING testing?

maybe you need to change the setting in the options menu...could be the 12v is reading the 5v sensor

·
Banned
11,459 Posts
That is impossible as your computer would shut down with lack of power to that degree.

its OCCT reading the 12V accessory RAIL as the 5V SATA RAIL

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazmecc
View Post

does it show it at ~12v DURING testing?

maybe you need to change the setting in the options menu...could be the 12v is reading the 5v sensor

Quote:

Originally Posted by XFreeRollerX
View Post

That is impossible as your computer would shut down with lack of power to that degree.

its OCCT reading the 12V accessory RAIL as the 5V SATA RAIL

Ah ok, yes I assumed it was just reading the wrong rail, and I know it couldn't have been actually running at 5v, that's why it took me a month to get around to asking. I didn't even realize I could change such settings in the options menu.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses!

·
Programmer
28,696 Posts
yeah, it would not start up with a lack of power

1 - 5 of 5 Posts