Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, one of my 290Xs bit the dust today playing Doom. I ran it under water @ 1155/1510 its whole life from 11/19/13 to now, which officially makes it the longest I've ever owned a video card. A moment of silence for the lost.

...but seriously we need some 1070/480X benchmarks so I can figure out what I'm going to buy.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I feel your pain. My best clocking 290x bit the dust a few moths ago. It blew a cap on the back side of the VRM. Can't blame the card though I was pushing it hard for 2+ years. I bought a replacement for $180 but it just doesn't clock the same and performance is held back by Elpida memory.

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty50racer View Post

I feel your pain. My best clocking 290x bit the dust a few moths ago. It blew a cap on the back side of the VRM. Can't blame the card though I was pushing it hard for 2+ years. I bought a replacement for $180 but it just doesn't clock the same and performance is held back by Elpida memory.
Yeah, I'm currently using an XFX 290x with Elpida memory and it doesn't OC 1Mhz higher than stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCY View Post

Wait till autumn :/
It's going to be hard to wait... 1 290x doesn't come close to doing 4K justice. I had thought about seeing how low the Fury gets though, might be able to pick one up for super cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts