Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after over a year now, I've had my 5820k solid as a rock the entire time, at 4.45GHz with 1.31v. VCCIN 1.920v.

I turned my system on the other day, and it failed to boot due to overclocking errors. The motherboard is an MSI X99S XPowerAC. Set eveything to Auto clock settings, and then its fine. As soon as I manually set the clock to anything above 3.5GHz it fails. Trying different voltages, nothing seems to work now.

So I found a BIOS update on MSI's site. Updated the BIOS and that helped a little bit. Now its up to 3.7GHz at 1.30v, VCCIN 1.920. But anything over that it fails.

My cooling is fine. I have the NZXT Kraken x41 temps are good at 38C. I tested the CPU & RAM with the Intel burn-in test, all was good.

Is it time for a new processor? Did it degrade over this time?

Thanks for any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motley01 View Post

Well after over a year now, I've had my 5820k solid as a rock the entire time, at 4.45GHz with 1.31v. VCCIN 1.920v.

I turned my system on the other day, and it failed to boot due to overclocking errors. The motherboard is an MSI X99S XPowerAC. Set eveything to Auto clock settings, and then its fine. As soon as I manually set the clock to anything above 3.5GHz it fails. Trying different voltages, nothing seems to work now.

So I found a BIOS update on MSI's site. Updated the BIOS and that helped a little bit. Now its up to 3.7GHz at 1.30v, VCCIN 1.920. But anything over that it fails.

My cooling is fine. I have the NZXT Kraken x41 temps are good at 38C. I tested the CPU & RAM with the Intel burn-in test, all was good.

Is it time for a new processor? Did it degrade over this time?

Thanks for any help is appreciated.
Pull the clock battery to clear CMOS, then start over. Not sure why, but I had similar issues with my gigabyte board and the 5820k and this worked to get me back to where I was.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts