Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if This Is Safe For My CPU. I Get The Blue Screen Of Death At Times Usually When My Room Is Hot. But Otherwise Its Okay. Im Currently Wondering If Im Pushing The Vcore Too Hard.

BCLK Frequency 187
Cpu Voltage 1.5
IMC Voltage 1.5
Dram Bus Voltage 1.8
CPU PLL 1.9
CHA DATA: 0.5
CHB Data 0.5
PCH 1.05
CHA CTRL 0.5
CHB CTRL 0.5

My First Time Overclocking With These Settings But Got It To 4.5 GHZ With Slight Problems As Mentioned Above.

My System Specs If Needed
Asus P7P55D Deluxe
Corsair H50 Pull and Pull Factor
Corsair Dominator 4gb 1600 9 9 9 24 @ 1.8 or 1.9 dont remember

Thanks!

·
Perfection @ 4GHz
2,460 Posts
Hi NYCSean, it's not safe... especially in the long run.

VCore is bit high... usually 1.45V is the max safe.

CPU PLL is a bit too high.

Use your settings is only good for short period of testing and oc record validation... lower voltages I've mentioned and your CPU is safe for the long run.

Please have your system info filled out so others can better assist you. Click this link to fill it out.

Since you're new, do get familiar with the REP+ button... it comes in handy.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
I got 4.0 @ 1.2v on stock air cooling. If you enable speed step technology and don't plan on folding on your computer, you could take the voltage as high as 1.45v and be safe. If you keep SpeedStep technology disabled/ want to use your CPU 24/7 I wouldn't put the voltage above 1.35v.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol..
Anyone Knows Any Good 1156 Chips That Are Easy To Overclock? Im Planning To Upgrade Soon From A Dual Core To A Quad

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quote:
That or the i7 875k?

I've never looked at the i7 Series (got my chip for free, so no choice in the matter) but if I were upgrading on the 1156 socket, I'd think that the K chip would be a good way to go.

Granted it's $330, but an unlocked multiplier quad core... I think that's about as good as the 1156 socket is going to get.

·
Chainsaw noise far off
6,010 Posts
wow 1.5 imc 1.5 vcore.Those are like 4.8 or 4.9 settings.If anything drop them two to 1.4.

your chip should still do 4.2 EASY with those voltages.Mine does 4.2 with a lot less and I started at 2.6 you start at 3.2.I would expect almost 4.0 on stock voltage with that 650.

·
Banned
2,272 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AyeYo View Post
People have run 1.90+ through them without instantly killing them, but anything over 1.40 is doing damage.

Yeah in LN2. I doubt hes using it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts