Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as you all know I now have an A64 rig...

Today I decided I would jump into overclocking it since she has settled very well over night into some good temps of 34-38C.

AMD64 3200 Clawhammer CG 1Mb L2-Cache

Stock - 2.01GHz 200FSB (Yep she is only the 2GHz version)
Overclock - 2.35GHz 235FSB (Very stable)

I have loosened my memory to... 3-4-4-10
I am going to go higher before I start to see if I can tighten up the memory.


 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,589 Posts
SWEEET! Get r done DL!

Great temps so far! I cant wait to try out my xp120...

235 FSB is soo nice...you have a DTR dont you, or did you drop the multi by 1?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now running 2.4GHz stable 240x10... memory 1:1 ratio and same timings as above.

Temps gone up to about 37-39C when benching...

This is what I did...

DRAM SETTINGS

Command Per Clock = 2T Disabled
tCL = 3
tRCD = 4
tRAS = 10
tRP = 4
tRC = 15
tRFC = 10
tRRD = 4
tWR = 3
tWTR = 2
tRTW = 4
tREF = Auto
tWCL = Auto
DQS = Auto

GENIE BIOS SETTINGS

FSB = 240
AGP BUS = 67 (66 Stock but 67 to be safe on the lock)
LDT DOWN = Auto
LTD UP = Auto
LDT/FSB = 4
CPU/FSB = 10
K8 Cool n Quiet - Disabled
CPU VID = 1.525
CPU VID SPECIAL = 110%
CHIPSET VOLTAGE - 1.7
AGP VOLTAGE = Stock
DRAM VOLTAGE = Stock

I followed the info I posted in tis thread... http://www.overclock.net/showthread.php?t=4818
at the end of the thread is where I got all the info on DRAM settings and which would boast better stability during an overclock... So I set them all to best stability. I will start playing with these settings when I hit the point of unstable overclock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
excellent mate, you should be able to get 2.5 i think.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,912 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by DeaDLocK

Now running 2.4GHz stable 240x10... memory 1:1 ratio and same timings as above.

Temps gone up to about 37-39C when benching...

Nice oc....

I've noticed you have the same memory as me... just so you know, the approx max for the memory is 250Mhz
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am now at 2.5GHz and fully stable...

I have not gone past 2.5GHz yet since we had some harsh weather very bad thunder storms so I turned everything off and unplugged from wall... We get some bad electrical feedback sometimes... I lost 3 modems in my old PC to thuderstorms.

Anyway same settings as above just raised FSB to 250MHz.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:


Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

I hate you...


lol...

Im loving this new setup... I hope to push my FSB up and drop the multi to keep it around 2.5GHz or maybe 2.6GHz if I can do that stable.

EDIT: I have posted some screenies of my desk and inside my rig
http://www.overclock.net/showthread....&page=12&pp=10
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
955 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by DeaDLocK

I am now at 2.5GHz and fully stable...

I have not gone past 2.5GHz yet since we had some harsh weather very bad thunder storms so I turned everything off and unplugged from wall... We get some bad electrical feedback sometimes... I lost 3 modems in my old PC to thuderstorms.

Anyway same settings as above just raised FSB to 250MHz.


I hate you... and I love you. ::tear:: Since I have now decided to go with damn near the exact set-up you have... your overclocks... will become my overclocks... unless i'm really unlucky and get a ****ty chip... or you were lucky and got an exceptional chip... uh oh... now I'm getting scared.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:


Originally Posted by x86-64

250 fsb?! thats crazeee


Im at 300FSB now


300x8 = 2400MHz
RAM at 240MHz 5:6 ratio... Should be 250MHz but it drops for some reason and everybody says the ratios are off somewhat.

EDIT: Typo on the 330... should be 300.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,589 Posts
300x8??!? omg! Since you seem to have such flexibility, I nominate deadlock to do a series of benchmarks in say, 10Mhz fsb increments from 200 up...

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,912 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Xavier1421

300x8??!? omg! Since you seem to have such flexibility, I nominate deadlock to do a series of benchmarks in say, 10Mhz fsb increments from 200 up...



I second that....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:


Originally Posted by Xavier1421

300x8??!? omg! Since you seem to have such flexibility, I nominate deadlock to do a series of benchmarks in say, 10Mhz fsb increments from 200 up...



I have been doing benchmark all the way from 200FSB all ready...
I have to say that the best results came from having FSB and RAM in a 1:1 ratio.

My best results came from 250FSBx10 with DRAM set on auto.
I started to score lower since RAM had to be set on one of the ratios such as 5:6 or 3:4... that meant when I was at FSB of 300 my RAM on a ratio of 5:6 should have been 250MHz but for some reason would only be 240MHz...

I thought my scores would improve but they slowley creeped down from 64K in Aquamark to about 56K.
I tried to tighten the RAM timings but anything tighter than 3-3-3-8 would lock up the PC.

I have to say that if I had some better RAM probabley BH-6 DDR433 I may be able to over come those drops in scores since I would be able to tighten the timings up to probabley 2.5-2-2-8.

I will do some more tests and benches and see if I can overcome this... I have only been working on this since yesterday so you never know I may be able to do it with some more changes.

This time I will write down everything for every new FSB I do so I can put them into Excel and make a graph to show either rise or fall in scores.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
thats some crazy $hit

how the hell does it boot up at those rates

how come ive never heard of that kind of motherboard in stores?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,430 Posts
I run 250FSB on mine too, but yeah...
I'm trying to decide if I should get one of those boards or not...I wanted 1GB of OCZ PC3200 EL Platinum Revision 2 for my birthday, but at $280 and my dad getting a crappy bonus, that's not gonna happen
So maybe I should just try to stick with Socket 754 until Christmas...I'm so undecided, and I got this weekend to choose
If I could crank it up to 2.8 with a nice board I'd be happy, but I don't see it happening, I see getting that extra 100MHz to 2.6, and that seems wasteful...argh, not having money sucks! I need a f-ing job...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:


Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

I run 250FSB on mine too, but yeah...
I'm trying to decide if I should get one of those boards or not...I wanted 1GB of OCZ PC3200 EL Platinum Revision 2 for my birthday, but at $280 and my dad getting a crappy bonus, that's not gonna happen
So maybe I should just try to stick with Socket 754 until Christmas...I'm so undecided, and I got this weekend to choose
If I could crank it up to 2.8 with a nice board I'd be happy, but I don't see it happening, I see getting that extra 100MHz to 2.6, and that seems wasteful...argh, not having money sucks! I need a f-ing job...

The main problem with AMD64 asfar as I can see is for best performance you need to keep the RAM in a 1:1 ratio... I have tried all the way upto 300 and using different ratios to keep RAM as high and close as possible with out crashing but still performane slips bad.

The highest my RAM will go is 250 at 3-3-3-8 so I think I will end up staying at 2.5GHz. with my RAM in sink.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,912 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by DeaDLocK

The main problem with AMD64 asfar as I can see is for best performance you need to keep the RAM in a 1:1 ratio... I have tried all the way upto 300 and using different ratios to keep RAM as high and close as possible with out crashing but still performane slips bad.

The highest my RAM will go is 250 at 3-3-3-8 so I think I will end up staying at 2.5GHz. with my RAM in sink.

I did say that the max for the memory was 250Mhz...

What voltage are you using for vDimm? The reason I ask is that I'm at 236x11
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top