Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed my HeatKiller v3.0 last night after taking out the Apogee GTZ. This is a very basic comparison. I took a screen show for both blocks at stock cpu settings and with a mild overclock at 4.3 ghz. These temps were taken when the cpu was at idle. Also I was using Thermalright Chill Factor paste when I ran this comparison, so better paste will yeild yet even better results. The temp in my room when I ran both tests was 79 degrees.

Feel free to post your own results.

Apogee GTZ temps at stock cpu settings

Heat Killer temps at stock cpu settings

Apogee GTZ temps OverClocked to 4.3 ghz

Heat Killer

·
Registered
444 Posts
Thanks for posting those temps CDMAN

I just asked in a previous post what the temps for the HK WB were. You know what they say "the more the merrier" (or..., "the more testing samples the more accurate the results"
)

DCing for the CURE

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Oh god! I can't wait to have mine! >=(

Anyways... we should start a club for all the awesome people that have a HK.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Thats a pretty good difference

How does that heatkiller compare to a D Tech Fuzion v2 though....

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Thanks for the comparison. There doing real well on the i7.

Did you do any remounts on the HK? If not you might want to do 4 or 5 and see if it will go any lower.

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin.kerr View Post
Stupid question, those appear to be just idle temps?
I think your right, the i7 run a lot hotter don't they. I was thinking those were a load temp.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin.kerr View Post
Stupid question, those appear to be just idle temps?
Yes those are both just idle temps. I plan on remounting the block again next week when I get my new computer case.

·
Registered
178 Posts
here is my heat killer screen shot.. lol . it is worthless because my XSPC bay res. paint flaked off on the inside, and completey messed up my loop !
so now i have to try to get the paint chunks out of the 2 radiators, and the tubes, pump ect...Still not bad for a bottom line 920 though. lol

·
Registered
422 Posts
but how is the restrictiveness (flow) of the HT3.0 against the GTZ? the GTZ is a pretty free-flowing block, 2nd to the Fuzionv2.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Very nice review! I'm happy to see that there is a new waterblock that can stand up to its name!

OP, you should really lower those volts to under 1.5v. Otherwise you aren't going to have the chip for much longer.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LOUISSSSS View Post
but how is the restrictiveness (flow) of the HT3.0 against the GTZ? the GTZ is a pretty free-flowing block, 2nd to the Fuzionv2.
Most test show that the heatkiller is even less restrictive than the GTZ. As far as volts go, I have eight different profiles for when I am benching. On a day to day basis I am only pushing 1.2 volts into the chip. Depending on what speed I am going for: 4.0 to 4.7 (the max for my chip) is what determines how much volts I need for my chip to be stable. My 965 came from a bad batch and needs alot volts to achieve any decent overclock.

As far as the life of the chip. At the end of the month I plan on moving to the 975 so this chip does not have to last that much longer.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
...anyone want to buy my EK Supreme??

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.