Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
女子 じゃなくて
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my gpu died today while im gaming, saw artifacts, not responding driver then black screen after all,
it was ran at 1320/7400 for its entire 2years life
frown.gif
watercooled by antec 920

now im looking for new gpu which gpu i will buy? im leaning towards 970 or a 980
im looking at this retailer memoryexpress @ winnipeg
i going to pick instore nextweek

here my pc spec:
i7 4930k
rampage iv gene
16gb dominator platinum
650w psu

·

13,038 Posts
1080p right?

I'd go for the GTX 970. Pretty much max any game at the resolution.

I was taking a good look at the MSI GTX 970 Gaming Gold Edition for $470 at MemX, it's just I don't need a card right now. But that cards looks pretty sweet.

Ofcourse the $80 premium over the cheaper 970s is a let down.

• Rep+
Reactions: lester007

·
Initializing...
23,794 Posts
Can't go wrong with the 970 its a beast of a card, I came from a GTX 680 to GTX 970 and I couldn't be happier.

• Rep+
Reactions: lester007

·
女子 じゃなくて
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth0789 View Post

Can't go wrong with the 970 its a beast of a card, I came from a GTX 680 to GTX 970 and I couldn't be happier.
thanks i will get a GTX970 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan o' water View Post

That sucks! I'd double check the Antec 920 too. Did you have any air flowing over the vrm heatsink?
A GTX 970 would be my choice of replacement too.
yeah i have some airflow i was unlucky it died that fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTOOSHORT View Post

1080p right?

I'd go for the GTX 970. Pretty much max any game at the resolution.

I was taking a good look at the MSI GTX 970 Gaming Gold Edition for $470 at MemX, it's just I don't need a card right now. But that cards looks pretty sweet.

Ofcourse the $80 premium over the cheaper 970s is a let down.
thanks for the advice, anything difference on the regular msi gaming 970?
edit : oh yeah im playing on 1080p sometimes i downsampling 3200x1800 or 1440p
i play most of my time is DayZ, DoTA2,csgo, CiV5, Rust, BL2 and bioshock games

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
I have had my Gigabyte G1 Gaming since Oct 6, best graphics card I have owned to date, I had a GTX 680.
the G1 Gaming overclocks very nice and max temp under full load is 68c, but most of the time it drops right
back down to 65c and this is with the fans on auto mode, it comes with a factory overclock of 1329mhz
myself and others have got it to over 1600mhz but average stable is 1575mhz.

·

13,038 Posts
I think it's just the all cooper cooler, higher stock clocks and having a back plate that is the difference between the golden gaming and the regular gaming. Also apparently a limited edition card with a total of 2000 units made.

jlhawn, yes the G1 is a great card I hear too, nothing but good things I heard about that beast. Just isn't sold at Memoryexpress.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd go with the msi 970 golden...just because I bought a set haha. But I do feel the price is kind of high at $470 considering I payed $400 each. If ya got the money and don't mind the premium i'd go for it.

·
女子 じゃなくて
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTOOSHORT View Post

I think it's just the all cooper cooler, higher stock clocks and having a back plate that is the difference between the golden gaming and the regular gaming. Also apparently a limited edition card with a total of 2000 units made.

jlhawn, yes the G1 is a great card I hear too, nothing but good things I heard about that beast. Just isn't sold at Memoryexpress.
Ok, store has only 3 left if those got out of stock , i just go with regular msi gaming? Is evga ftw version is anything good?

·
女子 じゃなくて
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iria View Post

I'd go with the msi 970 golden...just because I bought a set haha. But I do feel the price is kind of high at $470 considering I payed $400 each. If ya got the money and don't mind the premium i'd go for it.
Sweet those cards are looking great,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts