Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Adclock.net
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO i have my AV receiver connected to my 7970 primary card, via HDMI and my cans to my receiver, I was in the middle of a raid and all of a sudden the whole receiver unit just turned off, Including the monitor connected to it via HDMI out(My second monitor), I went to turn it back on and it turned straight off, Thinking i had hurt it i continued on for a good minute leaving it off, I tried it again and the whole thing turned on and worked fine, But all my settings were reset including, Volume control and audio settings.

Perhaps a glitch? it's a yamaha X3somethingosmethingsomething I am not at home now so i don't have it's specific model number.

·
:)
11,146 Posts
It could be several things, might be a rare glitch!

But my guess is that it perhaps is to full of dust and crapped out because of high temperature! Seen that happen to many receivers, but that usually don't affect the settings on it!

Perhaps try to open it and clean everything for dust?

·
Adclock.net
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by go4life View Post

It could be several things, might be a rare glitch!

But my guess is that it perhaps is to full of dust and crapped out because of high temperature! Seen that happen to many receivers, but that usually don't affect the settings on it!

Perhaps try to open it and clean everything for dust?
its not even 3 months old yet and it wasn't hot at the time, Peeking inside the vents shows very little dust.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I doubt it would overheat while not driving speakers, even if you filled the thing with Polyfil. I'd forget about it unless it does it again. If it does, RMA it.

I've heard that some Yamahas have digital/standby power supply issues. It could be that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts