Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if you guys knew this, but I'm the drummer/keyboard player/producer of the underground band "The BattleToads"

: http://music.podshow.com/music/liste...aeb0d257c8e0a3
DeleteReplyForwardSpamMove

Notice who the first band is on there. This was played on every major podcast site including itunes.com

Im proud and I don't have any friends so I thought I'd tell yall.

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
lol, cigarettes have feelings too hahaha...im still tryin to find people to form a band, im a singer/songwriter, death metal lovin foo, but nobody around to band with!

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
im 3 hours away =(. i need a bad ass guitarist and a drummer with at least 8 years experience and had thunderous double bass
, heh im picky lmao, but ill give anyone a chance.

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
Ive already got a demo of my vocals, a few people from OC.net have heard and they like it, if you wanna hear it AIM me sometime. lol online band woot!

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
why would u want someone with at least 8 years of exp?, im not trying to sound big headed here but i know someone who has played for 6 years and i have been playing for 2 years and im just as good if not some say better.
ya can make stuff sound real good if ya just learn somthing like the minor pentonic scale and improvise off that
works a treat

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
8 years drums should always be the minimum for any band...drums are the most important part of a band because they keep the tempo for everyone else.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
I agree with Sin100....
talent is talent...I dont care how long you have played...If your meter don't work...it don't. I have mixed live and studio for a lot of different peeps and the best drummer I ever heard(for a local) was a guy that had been playing for about 4 years only. This guy didn't hit real hard(which is a godsend for a soundman) but DAMN....he could play.

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
Well im really picky though, ive heard too many drummers that sound like crap, but like i said, ill give anyone a chance and if theyre good theyre good and thats all that matters, experience does play a big role in things though. like me, with my vocals, its taken me about 5 years of practice to get my sound and ranges.

·
Banned
1,131 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander Kool

Ive been drumming 2 years and Im the best in the world....

im a drummer too in my band..been playing for 3 years, no teachers, no drum lessons or anything, and i own pplz that have had teachers for 5 years ;D
although my band does write songs with pretty bad drum capabilities

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmay7

im a drummer too in my band..been playing for 3 years, no teachers, no drum lessons or anything, and i own pplz that have had teachers for 5 years ;D
although my band does write songs with pretty bad drum capabilities

and thats a sign of inexperience...saying your band writes songs with pretty bad drum capabilities...if you own so much, then you wouldnt be saying that now would you?

·
Banned
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by metalkobra

and thats a sign of inexperience...saying your band writes songs with pretty bad drum capabilities...if you own so much, then you wouldnt be saying that now would you?

He's got a point, and I was just kidding when I said Im the best in the world... Im better than alot, but my specialty is producing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts