Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My BR drive has a 4 pin molex for power. Can i plug it into the psu with the perif cable? Or do i have to use a sata cable?

·
Not a Fan
2,648 Posts
Did your PSU cone with any Molex connectors?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyCharlie View Post

Did your PSU cone with any Molex connectors?
My psu has a perif cable thats molex on one end, but the part that plugs into the psu looks different than the sata one

·
Not a Fan
2,648 Posts
Plug it into the PSU, check for 5V on these two pins - they are the +5v (closest to the edge) and ground. If they are, then you should have no trouble.

I recently had the opposite problem - I needed power to a slim BDR and had molex handy (all the SATA power ends were tied up, but I had a double Molex handy, running fan stuff. I used this to get power from Molex to the mini BDR SATA/Power strip. It uses the same +5v and ground.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ZMYA8C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyCharlie View Post

Plug it into the PSU, check for 5V on these two pins - they are the +5v (closest to the edge) and ground. If they are, then you should have no trouble.

I recently had the opposite problem - I needed power to a slim BDR and had molex handy (all the SATA power ends were tied up, but I had a double Molex handy, running fan stuff. I used this to get power from Molex to the mini BDR SATA/Power strip. It uses the same +5v and ground.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ZMYA8C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00
The silverstone drive comes with this

41co5fLd9cL.jpg

How do i check? Also i just installed waterblocks but the system isnt ready yet so i cnt rly turn on my psu right now

Edit the holes have numbers, and i found this
Power-Supply-Fundamentals,8-E-312638-13.jpg

So ill use 4 and 3. Do i still need to check something on the psu?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just realized i need to plug my pump into the psu also and its molex, can i plug it in the same perif cable/daisy chain?

Or would that not be enough power

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gree View Post

I just realized i need to plug my pump into the psu also and its molex, can i plug it in the same perif cable/daisy chain?

Or would that not be enough power
It will be fine.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, excited to watch some BRs on my pc. (Might have to pay a lil to update powerdvd to the 2016 version tho)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts