Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Goddess of Misfortune
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I doubt I am going to get an answer here, but I'll give it a shot.

Ever since I got my 7870 in the computer, I have been having issues with my clocks spiking to the stock clocks from the 2D clocks any time I browse the internet. I tried everything from reinstalling drivers, to rebooting in safe mode, to using different browsers. I still can't get rid of these spikes.

Here's an example of what I am talking about:
This is a screenshot I just took before beginning the writing of this thread. As you can see, I am getting spikes all over. These are from going to different webpages, or anything I do on the internet really. not just videos. My temps are hitting 50*C range, which I should not have to experience. I do not get any voltage spikes, which is a good thing.

I had found that there are others who have similar problems and narrowed it down to a "bug" or "incompatibility" with FF. Well, I tried other browsers and it does the same thing. So I can't figure out what to do here. I've even tried to use 12.1 drivers, but to no avail. As you can see, drivers are up to date.

I can't figure it out. Is anyone else having this issue? I really don't want high temps while browsing. It's defeating the purpose of having a card that saves power than my previous one, if I keep getting the normal clocks like this. Anyone have suggestions? I'll let you know if I have tried them or not.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Disable hardware accelaration from your browser

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraNova View Post

It already is.
Using FF12, btw.
You have disable hardware acceleration from the flash player too?

·
Goddess of Misfortune
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarhell View Post

You have disable hardware acceleration from the flash player too?
I did that at the same time as the option on the browser. It was one of the first things I checked, and it still spikes.

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
You have set 3d profile in your AB? Because sometimes its buggy and locks you up in 3d clocks. Also you can upgrade to 12.4 fixed my 3d clocks locks

·
Goddess of Misfortune
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

You have set 3d profile in your AB? Because sometimes its buggy and locks you up in 3d clocks. Also you can upgrade to 12.4 fixed my 3d clocks locks
Everything in my AB is up to date. I don't know why it lists "12.3" as my version, because I am using 12.4 currently. Tried that a while back too.

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Hmmm.. You have check your background programms? I had this spikes when i had the LOL replay for league of legends and i didint knew it

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Quote:

Disable hardware accelaration from your browser
so you don't get the spikes?

i thought this happened to everybody.

its worse when you scroll up and down really fast.

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Nop i dont get any spikes in my clocks. Maybe if you force a 2d profile in AB with clocks around 300/400

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Dunno. The last option is to force a 2d profile in AB with underclocks values
frown.gif

• Rep+
Reactions: AuraNova

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraNova View Post

That's what I was afraid of. I may have to set profiles in AB to switch browsing to gaming. :/
I use it from february with my 7970 becase i dont like the heat in eyefinity so i force a 2D profile too..

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
i had same issue here for long very time with amd cards browsing web or watching video on youtube spikes my video card clock from 2d to 3D, this has happen to me with most of the amd graphic card which i had in past 4870, 6850, 6950 . i though this is normal behavior for amd graphic cards.

Btw this issue exist even when I am using Internet explorer or chrome or firefox . I don't think this issue is related to browser.

I am wondering does this issue exist with nvidia graphic cards also? Since I haven't used nvidia graphic card in long time so no clue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts