Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Just in the Title , my computer were fast at quick with sp1 and now after installting sp2 its get very slowly .. why ? and what could i do about it ? PLEASE HELP ME!

·
Registered
604 Posts
How much free space do you have on your hard drive? This is usually the culprit... You can free up space by running Disk Cleanup, disabling System Restore, and uninstalling unused programs and Windows components. Also check to see what your Page File is set to and set it to System Managed if it is not there already.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okej , i have windows and all that stuff in my C: drive and it got 10.9 GB free space , and i thinks that should be enough .. The pagefile you said . hom .. can you explain it more ? iam swedish and i dont understand so much english .. and what kind of windows componets could i un-install ? And how do i disable system restore ? And the disc cleanup did i yesterday .. do i have to do it again ? in that case , how often ?

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
SP2 sometimes causes some bugs...

Have you defragged your HD?

Try un-installing and re-installing SP2.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha , its okey
.. i have defrag my hdd (S) yes! but i dont have re install sp2 .. and i dont think it would help .. but what are the pagefile ? where could i find it ? and what should i change it to ? if pagefile are the same as "växlingsfil" , that what its called in swedish .. then it is set on that windows desire my size ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts