Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first thing that happened was that a bright flash came from the side of my case, followed by display dropping off.

I quickly jumped around and tried to blow out the flame that had started but it popped straight back up, and there seemed to be an arc coming out of the voltage regulator. I then flicked the switch at the back of my power supply and blew out the flame which had just got up into my PSU fan.

By the time it was out my whole room was filled with smoke!

I'll give my insurance company a call in the morning and see if they'll replace my components.

I'm currently at my G/F's place and will test and see what was damaged. I can imagine this would have lowered the life expectancy of the rest of my rig.

I'm just a bit gutted at the moment tbh..

Here are some pics.

·
Premium Member
9,380 Posts
MSI 4+1 Phase power strikes again.

When are people going to learn that a 4GHz 125w processor wont run on only 4 phases?

·
Premium Member
9,380 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpykeZ
View Post

Mention to MSI that it's been posted on overclock.net, and send them the link. There been people who got replacement stuff because the company found out about the postings here

nvm

• Rep+
Reactions: jacobthellamer

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woundman View Post
I'm curious, were you running anything CPU intensive at the time or was the computer pretty much idle?
I was testing new ram timings with prime95, it had been running for 10 or so mins. I have run it many times before with no issues.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkZenRitual View Post
And with watercooling...I know it's the boards fault but still, Damn that sucks.
At first I thaught I had sprung a leak but everything but I triple checked afterwards and everything is completley watertight still.

·
Registered
738 Posts
People never learn.
Normally fall for the normal advertising gimmick like "Military Class components" or the flashy pictures and features...
Maybe when they start using 8+2 Power Phase Design it'll be worth looking at.

MSI's gonna have a handful with this one

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Agree that it could have been much worse i.e. not waking up in a house full of black smoke.

I'd have thought that any board which bursts into flames has a good chance of being replaced by the company?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by qqqqq View Post
makecoldplayhistory, can you change your avatar, it seriouly hurt my eyes(and i think not only mine), why you need it?
It's meant to be annoying, That's the beauty of it, Not many avatars can do that.

·
Premium Member
8,269 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by qqqqq View Post
makecoldplayhistory, can you change your avatar, it seriouly hurt my eyes(and i think not only mine), why you need it?
Speak for yourself. I personally zoom into it, turn the lights off in my room strip naked and start dancing to the blinking. Gunna pick some glow sticks tomorrow.

·
Code Monkey
1,853 Posts
So, what is the issue with 4+1? I know my Asus has 8+1, but I don't understand what it means

1 - 20 of 300 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.