Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my computer will randomly freeze when I am on Facebook (auto play videos I assume are the problem), YouTube and just playing a song in iTunes. It will be completely random and normally doesn't happen when the computer has been running for a while. It will 100% happen if I immediately start the computer then proceed with those tasks mentioned above. When it freezes my icon says I unplugged an audio device, it makes a god awful static noise in the headphones, my keyboard lights shut off and my mouse completely freezes. I am forced to hard reset. I thought it was the drivers so I bought a sound card but the computer still froze. What was odd is that the mouse still worked and I could move the active window around.. Explorer.exe was completely frozen though. This has been going on for a year and I just want it to be solved already. Any help would be appreciated.
Extra: I sent my motherboard to be fixed because I thought that was the issue but it didn't help. (Custom built rig)

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,641 Posts
Do you know what the rest of the parts are? I mean, like for example:

• The brand and model of the motherboard
  • The CPU model
  • The brand and model of your memory
  • The brand and exact model of the power supply
  • The video card(s) (brand and models aren't necessary to list, but you can if you want)
  • Any and all external devices connected

Also, is anything overclocked?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 AM3+
AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.5GHz Socket AM3+
PSU THERMTK PS-TPD-0750MPCGUS-1 R
VGA SAPPHIRE|100366-2L R7 260X 2GD5
MEM 2x4G|TEAM TZRD38G1600HC9DC01 R

only usb external such as keyboard and mouse
overclock is set from the factory settings its the high performance auto overclock mode.

·
Senior OCN Member
40,800 Posts
What PSU is that you have there? never heard of THERMTK sure its nort Thermaltake?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,641 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts