Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*** my comps lagging out of nowhere, im just like surfing we then out of a nowhere my mouse goes crazy laggy everything goes crazy laggy. I need to restart my computer to fix this problem. Its windows xp SP3 btw. My video card died last week so im using the on board card, but i don't think it causes these laggin issue. Its the 3rd time its happening now so what is going on?

And i have no virus since i barely reformatted to windows xp today. All my drivers are up to date as well.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Run MemTest to see if your RAM is failing.
Also, check all your temps to make sure something isn't overheating, including your GPU and the NB/SB/PWM on the mobo.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceballsrules View Post
Run MemTest to see if your RAM is failing.
Also, check all your temps to make sure something isn't overheating, including your GPU and the NB/SB/PWM on the mobo.
How i run memory test?

temperatures

motherboard- 33C
cpu- 37C
cpu #1 core 1 36C
cpu#1 core 2 30C
MCP 65C
Aux 27C
seagate hardrive 40C

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
http://www.memtest86.com/memtest86-3.5.iso.zip

Just download that and burn the .iso image to a CD and boot from it. Memtest will run automatically from the CD. let it run for at least 2 passes minimum, but overnight would be ideal. If you get errors, retest each stick of RAM individually to isolate the bad stick(s).

*EDIT* What is the MCP temp you listed?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I think you have some kind of malware on your computer. Any unknown process (executables) running? I would recommend to check all your processes from task manager.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Biatch View Post
I think you have some kind of malware on your computer. Any unknown process (executables) running? I would recommend to check all your processes from task manager.
thing was i was messin around with services.msc before it happened, i disabled a crap load of stuff. I just scanned with malwarebytes everythings clean.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilxkid24 View Post
thing was i was messin around with services.msc before it happened, i disabled a crap load of stuff. I just scanned with malwarebytes everythings clean.
I guess that some process is using a lot of ram, or cpu usage is just very high (60-100% when those lag -attacks appears).

Try with this: a-squared

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Biatch View Post
I guess that some process is using a lot of ram, or cpu usage is just very high (60-100% when those lag -attacks appears).

Try with this: a-squared
it just happened again this time when i was in game playing soldier front the lag just hit out of nowhere laggin like crazy. Is it possible this is a graphic issue? I have a Nvidia 6150SE which is integrated on my motherboard. I already planned to buy a 500psu and 9800gt but now that im getting this weird lag problem i don't now if i should go ahead and buy it.

Oh yea when it started lagging even my sound lagged

·
Registered
158 Posts
does your cursor kind of stick when it happens? If so, I've seen this issue caused by a failing hard drive....click "cd image" at this link..this is drive fitness test, It will thoroughly test your hard drive for a multitude of different problems, if it fails you have a bad drive. I've been a tech for several years and this is the most trustworthy utility ive used for testing hard drives.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by warensemble
View Post

does your cursor kind of stick when it happens? If so, I've seen this issue caused by a failing hard drive....click "cd image" at this link..this is drive fitness test, It will thoroughly test your hard drive for a multitude of different problems, if it fails you have a bad drive. I've been a tech for several years and this is the most trustworthy utility ive used for testing hard drives.

what do you mean stick? the cursor just lags along

So far PSU, Video card upgrade... now possible upgrade HDD too..

·
Registered
308 Posts
It could be anything but i have had this happen from failing or not strong enough PSU, as they age they cannot constantly give all the power they once were capable of and if your GPU,HD and cpu are not getting good power or enough the system can begin slowing down incredible,lagging or completely shut down as they as well cannot keep running at the speeds needed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.