Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I downloaded PC wizard, and looked at my CPU. It said that my CPU multiplyer is locked. Is there any way to unlock it, in PC wizard, or even in bios?

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
Quote:

HI, I downloaded PC wizard, and looked at my CPU. It said that my CPU multiplyer is locked. Is there any way to unlock it, in PC wizard, or even in bios?

To change an Intel CPU's multiplier you must have a compatiable motherboard and CPU.
The motherboard must have to ability to allow CPU multiplier change (default and x14) and the CPU must be 3.4GHz or faster to support the change and must have the ability to change it, for example: Intel Pentium 4 550, 630, 660 etc

Please note that you can only select the default and x14 multiplers.
However if you own an Intel Engineering Sample processor most have the ability to change between a larger range of multipliers, however again you require a motherboard that allows this change.

Note 1: This is done in the BIOS.
Note 2: The switch between the default multipler and a lower multipler can also be automatically/manually done by Intel SpeedStep Technology on compatiable processors.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
How do we find out if our motherboards are capable of this? I have a Northwood 2.4(C), I doubt this can? My Motherboard is an ASUS P4PE-X.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts