Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to show you guys what I'm doing with this chip. I used to have it at 3.0, but the chipset, and everything else get's pretty warm for daily use....2.9 is plenty of speed for me, and as you can see, the temps average 38c load for 123 hours of SP2004 priming..
I left my rig running while I was in Utah for the week, I'm actually surprised it remained stable for that long, but I knew it was pretty stable anyways....

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by fiendofmine

no dual core?

I dont multitask, and I wanted a chip strictly for gaming and overclocking...single cores are best for those 2 needs.
My next chip will be a 170 dual core possibly.....Anyone want to buy a 148 lidless CABYE 0542 that hits 3.0 easy? lol...

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ±PinK=FloYd±

how much...

msn: [email protected]
aim: wallenL08

ahhaha, I cant sell this thing yet, I've only had it 3 months..

But I am really tempted to get a 170....not because of the multitasking, just for the overclocking and see how high I can get my first Dual..

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
yes yes. optys for the win. I got mine clocked at 2.95 and iam happy with low temps. lol

·
Registered
907 Posts
what an amazing overclock how did u manage to run a torture test for 123hours
i have 2.5ghz lol and 1.57v vcore ideal 30 load 38c lol amazing overlckock m8 think i know what my next cpu will me do optys fit in all 939 boards ?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any chip that is stable can run that long....I just wanted to leave my computer running for days on end to see if it would last, and sure enough, It hung through

1 - 9 of 9 Posts