Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just started happening a few weeks ago. I will shut down my computer and my monitor stays on with the "shutting down" text on the screen. The computer fully shuts down. Any thoughts on this? I'm not sure where to start. I made sure all my cables were properly secure. Other than that, I've not a clue.

·
Registered
197 Posts
It is probably hanging up on a program that is taking a while to close. If you turn your computer on and then as soon as it boots into windows turn it off does it still do it? If so it might be one of your start up programs that is causing it.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhood View Post

It is probably hanging up on a program that is taking a while to close. If you turn your computer on and then as soon as it boots into windows turn it off does it still do it? If so it might be one of your start up programs that is causing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera1970 View Post

Could literally be hundreds, if not thousands of things that could be the cause.

Have you looked at your Event Viewer to see what is causing the problem? It's in the Control Panel under the Administrative Tools (if you're using WIndows 7).
I'll give it a shot when I get home. I'm not sure event viewer would show that my screen is hanging. If it was the computer hanging, I could see it showing in the event viewer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts