Overclock.net banner

My ethernet port just quit working. Is my mobo bad?

1K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Trippen Out 
#1 ·
It just stopped working for no reason. I've had this mobo for about 7-8 months now. I know the ethernet is good since it works fine on my laptop. Is it my mobo or something else that could cause this?

#2 ·
define stopped working. also if a ethernet port fails on a motherboard its really not a big issue. it happens all the time. just install a nic card.

you could have some other issue that has stopped your connectivity. thats why id like to know more about "just quit working" deal

#3 ·
#4 ·
check your device manager. see if its listed there and in working orde. when you plug the cable in do you get a green light up at all at the actual port?

that nic should work im pretty sure you can find less expensive ones but that one should be just dandy

#11 ·
Green light is on both the NIC card and your boards LAN?

I had a similar issue with mine, but installing the drivers for the network card made both ports just start working again..

Clear cmos and do a bios update, even if your just over writing your current bios. then make sure the LAN is enabled in bios.

If the green light is on the port then the port is working, if its off then the port is not enabled or bad.

Being the board and card dont work, are they even recognized in device manager?

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCII;14247735
Results for ping:
http://i.imgur.com/aXX5g.png

The green light is only on for the nic card. Not the onboard. What should I look for in device manager? Is it the intel 82801 pci bridge? I have a wifi card that's working fine so that's not it.

http://i.imgur.com/M7fSF.png
according to that picture listed first. you are already connected to the internet by the forum display in the background. so im confused. whats the problem ?

by the way im only seeing a wireless network adapter in your device manager.

#15 ·
take the wifi card out of the system. leave only the intel nic card installed. disable the onboard lan in the bios. when you boot back up. go into your device manager right click and scan for hardware changes. see if you can get a prompt to install the drivers for the intel nic card.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.