Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Evga Gtx 690 is getting extremly low fps, it does bad in games.
Example when i play crysis 3 i get 7-60fps, Crysis 2 where i get in windowed mode 20-100 fps there should not be so horrible dropps it lags when i play crysis 3, so what could it be when the gtx 690 arrived the package it came in was badly damaged could that have destroyed something? Could it be a driver thats messing everything up? Could it be just a simpel bad installation of windows ? Could it be some of my computer parts which are broken they worked before i got the gtx 690 i used a gainward gtx 470 which ofcourse didnt make the same numbers in crysis 3 and 2 but absolotely humiliated the gtx 690 in world of warcraft.

World of warcraft on my gtx 470 i get 50-110fps in stormwind with my gtx 690 i get 20-80 fps in stormwind with the same graphic settings as the gtx 470

Here are my computer specs
- Intel core i7 3930k
- Asus Sabertooth X79
- Evga Gtx 690
- 2x OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
- 2x 3TB Seagate hdd
- 16 GB Kingston HyperX 2400mhz CL11

Intel(R) IPP JPEG encoder 7.0.1041 - Jul 19 2011;

So i was wondering what could be wrong i would like to send the master solver of this puzzle a small gift on steam as a token of my appreciation

·

13,038 Posts
Make sure that this page in Nvidia control panel looks like this:

Maximize 3D performance to be exact.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
When I got my 690, it didn't perform at all, meaning one core was completely broken and the other core only provided me with 5 FPS in Crysis 3, so you could say I know how you feel. Here's what I did:

Since the 690 I purchased was the last the store had in stock (Microcenter), I registered it with EVGA, uploaded my receipt, bought an extended warranty (5 years) and purchased advanced RMA (only $30). Advanced RMA is the best option any manufacturer has, and I do recommend you think about it. Basically I called EVGA, and within 2 minutes I was talking to Chris. He was EXTREMELY helpful in my case and if you could ask for him when you call, do it. Anyway, I explained to him the situation and he set me up with an RMA request and then approved it on the spot over the phone so he could get the card shipped out ASAP.

Since the card was going under RMA within 30 days of purchase, they shipped me out a BRAND NEW GTX 690, not a recertified or refurb. It came in retail packaging shrink wrapped and factory sealed. If you see my other thread that I made you'll see that I am having some issues, but I don't think it's related to my card - it must be another part of my system.

Basically what I'm saying is RMA the card. EVGA provides simply the best customer service and you will get a brand new card.

P.S. - Advanced RMA means they ship the replacement card out to you FIRST, then you just apply a pre-paid shipping label to the box and ship your old card back within 2 weeks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have that setting on, and on the performance and quality i have performance and on power saving thing i have on high performance so it needs to be the software or the card itself

1 - 5 of 5 Posts