Overclock.net banner

9921 - 9925 of 9925 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Depends on what exactly do you want to do. For a better fan control, you can use argus monitor if you have multiple fans that are synchronized you can use splitters; some even have a separate power for the fans, so you don't overload mobo fan headers.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Depends on what exactly do you want to do. For a better fan control, you can use argus monitor if you have multiple fans that are synchronized you can use splitters; some even have a separate power for the fans, so you don't overload mobo fan headers.
And I just realized I'm dumb, I had 140mm's Enermax's that did not hit 1200... but nonetheless, CPU barely gets toasty so I'd consider Argus. Thanks for the pingback.

I think I'm good now, just gonna set the intake fans to be more aggressive on lower CPU temps that I typically see during actual games.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What do you guys do for fan control? It seems like some of my 1200-1500 fans are stuck at 800rpm, thinking of sticking a fan splitter and ignoring the "Pump" ones
Hello FlashFir,
On my asus prime X370-Pro, I installed first a Bequiet shadow rock TF2 and now I'm with a Bequiet Dark Rock 4 (these two cooler use a 135mm fan ~1400RPM max) but when I set the CPU_Fan mode in PWM mode ("normal" or even "turbo") in the bios, the cpu fan only work at ~850RPM max (& ~950RPM for the 120mm I added on Dark rock 4 connected to the CPU_OPT, instead of 1350rpm max) during heavy load (occt) whereas the CPU (R5 3600X) is at 80°C or above...

When I put the DC mode for CPU_Fan, the fans turn more faster (~1400RPM max) but the minimum rpm is too high and I have a little more noise the rest of the time..

Do you know if it is a known issue on this motherboard ?

I think there is a problem with PWM signal.. The motherboard is under warranty so I hesitate to return it to the seller.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think everybody is hoping for that, but i haven't heard anything so far. Actually the only manufacturer who did so far is Asrock. For me it's either they do it and i stay with AMD, otherwise i switch to Intel with next hardware upgrade.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 5 mit Tapatalk

9921 - 9925 of 9925 Posts