Overclock.net banner
9981 - 9997 of 9997 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
upgraded from a 1700x to a 5900x, everything went smoothly. doubled my cinebench multicore score, and 60% for single core. this upgrade path is pretty much exactly what i had in mind when i knowingly bought into zen1 even with all the memory and IPC deficiencies, so i'm glad AMD came around even if they were 2 years late. i'm also finally able to run my b-dies at their rated 3600mhz. pretty amazing value for a 5yr old platform, that you could just double performance with a single drop-in upgrade

·
Registered
6 Posts
On the ASUS download page.
In ASUS Web I only see the 6026, not 6206.

Cheers.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Something different. I have 2 Prime X370 Pro boards (bought within weeks of each other). Both with BIOS 6026 and configured the same. One has an 1800x and one has a 3950x. The 1800x shows accurate temperature measurements for both the CPU and PCH on the ITE sensor chip. The CPU temp also doesn't accurately correlate with the on-die CPU sensors. Close but not spot on.

The one with the 3950x the CPU is always exactly 10C above the PCH temp. Neither correlates with the on-die CPU sensor. I can't quite figure out if it's reporting CPU as PCH+10C or PCH as CPU-10C, but one of them isn't reporting right.

Anyone seen any oddities with temperature reporting on these boards? One was using 5603 and one 5606 when I noticed the issue so I upgraded them both to the same just in case.

·
Registered
71 Posts
No, but thanks for the thought. I wonder if it configures the ITE differently depending on what CPU is inserted. One is a production box, so I'll have to schedule a maintenance window to swap the CPUs to see if that's it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Please note that this is a beta BIOS version of the motherboard which is still undergoing final testing before its official release. The UEFI, its firmware and all content found on it are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. ASUS does not give any warranties, whether express or limited, as to the suitability, compatibility, or usability of the UEFI, its firmware or any of its content. Except as provided in the Product warranty and to the maximum extent permitted by law, ASUS is not responsible for direct, special, incidental or consequential damages resulting from using this beta BIOS."

Nearly there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If someone installs BIOS 6042 with Zen2 (3600, 3700 etc) please check if the temperature issue got fixed (description)
Hu, never knew this was a bug instead of just a shortcoming of the mobo. This has always been the case for me as I started with a 2600. Quite annoying to properly set fan speeds, as the CPU temp measured by the mobo is always far lower than the temp reported by the cpu. I might update to the new bios next week to check it out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If someone installs BIOS 6042 with Zen2 (3600, 3700 etc) please check if the temperature issue got fixed (description)
Colorfulness Rectangle Slope Line Red

Unfortunately, still the same behaviour. I set my fans to run at 100% when reaching 55 degrees, and they are not yet at 100% when the cpu temp from the mobo says 52/53c, while the CPU itself says its already at almost 70c.

Edit: I will just be using this simple app then: GitHub - Rem0o/FanControl.Releases: This is the release repository for Fan Control, a highly customizable fan controlling software for Windows.

You can set your fans to any sensor you want. You can even set fans to follow multiple temps, and it will either take the highest, lowest or avarage fan speed depending on what you want. I have some case fans set to both gpu and cpu Tdie temp sensors, and those fans will go up to 100% if either the cpu reaches 60c, or my gpu hotspot reaches 90c, whichever comes first. Even if Asus would fix the problem, I would still not be able to do that.

9981 - 9997 of 9997 Posts