Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This mod came about out of necessity , i got a fan controller in silver color ( yes for free) and i have a black case.So i had an idea of replacing controller face plate with a spare 5.25" bay cover from my CM690.Here are the fruits of my labor




Old version.



The leds were in little sockets , so just pulled those out to be done with em,i hate leds




Faceplate removed .



I broke off the mounting arms , that hold the pcb and attach to the case 5.25' bay.I used the faceplate to mark the holes i needed to cut on the bay cover.Mesh was a bit hard to cut and it is impossible to have it perfect but once the nuts and knobs go on , you don't see any imperfections.



I drilled some holes in the bay cover and corresponding holes in the arms,that i broke off from the old faceplate , and bolted them together .And this is what i have now , very slick and matches my case PERFECT, which really no other controller could do.Let me know what you guys think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,539 Posts
Did the same thing for my TJ07. Yours is looking good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Zippit
View Post

Did the same thing for my TJ07. Yours is looking good!

Would love to see pics.And thanks
.

Quote:


Originally Posted by macsbeach98
View Post

Good job a simple mod that looks great +1


Yep , i have to admit it was pretty easy and cost me nothing .The most uncommon tool i used was a drill.Thanks
.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,888 Posts
Looks great but why didn't you just buy a black one. Or do you like seeing the blue lights coming through the grill?

I have this one in my floppy bay. (who uses floppies any more)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tincanman View Post
kool
i'm thinking to do the same thing with my sunbeam rheobus, except just mount it a little inside and just drill holes in the cover plate thing
You could make it work.Post pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by letsgetiton View Post
Looks great but why didn't you just buy a black one. Or do you like seeing the blue lights coming through the grill?

I have this one in my floppy bay. (who uses floppies any more)
Thanks.


This one was free
And I have a card reader in my floppy bay.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,198 Posts
Better than I though it would. Maybe the led's would have made it look too busy. But since you didn't include them, it looks better. I also did this with a Lian Li bay cover. I should have left the LED's out. THey are extremely bright on this fan controller.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Mikecdm
View Post

Better than I though it would. Maybe the led's would have made it look too busy. But since you didn't include them, it looks better. I also did this with a Lian Li bay cover. I should have left the LED's out. THey are extremely bright on this fan controller.

Yeah I was going for a simple look,leds on this controller are very intruding.They do serve some purpose,but it just wasn't worth it for me.


Quote:


Originally Posted by IKIKUINTHENUTZ
View Post

looks like your way ahead of sunbeam rofl

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/15640/...els/index.html

HA ! That's interesting !! lol
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top