Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I want to build a computer and my budget is 350€. These are the parts I've found and I would like to hear OCN's opinion.

AMD Phenom II x4 955BE 113€
Asus M5A88-M AM3+ 880G MATX 103
Apacer DDR3 4GB 1333MHz CL9.0 256x8 Retail 43€
PSU 500w Inter-Tech SL-500W 32€
1TB Samsung SATAII 7200 32MB 59€

Total: 350€

As you may have noticed that doesn't include a Graphics card and OS.
I already have windows 7 but I currently don't have enough money for a graphics card, my plan is to use the integrated HD 4250 and in a few months(when I have enough money) buy a HD 5670 or HD 5770.

I want to use this computer for gaming(Skyrim, BF3, Diablo 3, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Crysis, Fallout NV, Crysis 2) with my 17 inch monitor (1280X1024)
biggrin.gif

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Welcome
thumb.gif

PSU 500w Inter-Tech SL-500W << No,

You want a Corsair Builder Series CX500 not much more but much better
smile.gif

Otherwise Nice build
smile.gif

Might I suggest a CM 212+ cooler for your cpu

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!
Well the problem is that I live in Estonia and a lot of the good parts aren't available here. I can get a Builder series CX430 or a CX600 but not a CX500. What do you suggest?

Edit: And I am even more limited on the cooler part...I think I'll go with stock cooler at first and later when I want to overclock I'll get a better cooler.

·
Registered
800 Posts
PSU 500w Inter-Tech
Stay away from it and as ryanbob1234 sayd go with corsair series there is just no bad corsair PSU.s

and if need to chose between those 2 then CX600 in case you ever wana put a decent video card in it

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Get a cx600 it will serve you better and means you have room to improve your system.

·
Music Producer
4,860 Posts
Nice looking build. I would suggest picking up a different power supply as off brand PSU's tend to kill rigs or components due to cheap quality.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Thats a touchy subject, But from what I heard i should fit fine, But it depends on what amd do in the end.

They could move on to socket type Am4 and do backward compatibly but it depends
smile.gif

But hopefully you will be able to put a Bz cpu in your motherboard.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Good choice
thumb.gif

Will last you for years to come
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
They are good cards for their price so if you can afford it get it, will be alot better than onboard.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
No prob's
smile.gif
feel free to make a new thread with any new questions you have
thumb.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.