Overclock.net banner

My first build

333 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  FIX_ToRNaDo
I just put together my first computer!! And aside from having to get another mobo (I't came doa) it's up and running now. But my video card, a Evga 6800GS, didn't come with the power hook-ups. It will let me load up WIN XP but it has a message that says the graphic card is turnned down to keep it from messing up. The guys at evga are sending me the power cable, but I just want to know is this card any good or should I get another one? I was also thinking about getting a second card to go SLI, but if the gains aren't enough there wouldn't be a point. Also my Aquamark score is like 13,000, but everyone with the same set up as me has way bigger numbers. If someone could help with my understanding then I can upgrade, all my stuff is on a 30 day no questions asked return policy.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ohh yeah and i paid like $1100 for the whole system, I just wanna know if I got ripped off, and what is my 3700+ comparable to, like you know how on a game the recommended specs are like 3ghz will my rig run them smooth or what. they should put Amd specs on there you know. I'm a noob, and proud of it.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanks for the input, yeah I saw some reviews for it but I just don't now how it'll work with power, I can play Call of Duty 2 and it's slows down a bit when it's snowing and all the stuff get flying around from bullets hitting the ground.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey I just ran N-Bench
<3D Overall>
N-Bench Score 3693 Marks
FPS Average 85.77 FPS

<CPU Overall>
N-Bench Score 2581 Marks
FPS Average n/a

<Overal Score>
N-Bench Score 3137 Marks
FPS Average 85.77 FPS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.