Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright before i get started posting a few pics that i have so far. I do wanna do some explaining first. This isn't my first build and i will be using some parts from my last build, and those parts are. My CPU i7-2600K, My Corsair dominator ram, my HDD, my ssd, and my opticle drive. Will not be using Asus sabertooth P67 MB, Corsair HX750W, Noctua NH-D14, and of course wont be using NZXT Phantom lol.

I'm already in love with the case and i haven't even began to work on her.

Next pic is showing my new PSU, Fan controller, and extra ram.

Gonna show off the fan controller now and also how the front is also black aluminum and will match the 800D perfectly
biggrin.gif
Only thing it doesn't come with is instructions, but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to know how to install and connect it.
Oh wait that's the instructions my bad -_-

Now gonna show all my ram and the 5th stick is just to show cause she didn't wanna miss out.

Next is thermal paste and my CPU that i will continue to use. NT-H1 & i7-2600K

Next will show motherboard.

That's everything for now. PSU & MB will be shown off more once i start adding parts. Also this buildlog will continue to progress through the months because i still have all my WC parts and 3 monitors and GPU's to get. Be sure to sub if you look forward to continue seeing ~The Ultimate black wolf ~ Progress. My SSD, HDD, and opticle drive are still in phantom case. I'm still in process of taking everything out.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

As you can see the MB looks beautiful inside the 800D. Ram looks pretty awesome as well. Also you can see there is PLENTY of space to mount triple fans on RAD. Also i see this build isn't getting a lot of love for some reason or another, but I'll give it bout 2 more weeks then i'll just stop wasting my time with this build log.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Nice build, man! (so far, at least
smile.gif
)

I do not like that scythe controller but it does match pretty well with the case's finishing.

And the dominators look great with that mobo
biggrin.gif

I'll post a log on the same case soon and we can flame and troll each other, since no one is paying attention to 800D logs anymore.
wink.gif

Yours will be water-cooled as well?
How about the gpu(s)?
More details, please!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulver View Post

Nice build, man! (so far, at least
smile.gif
)
I do not like that scythe controller but it does match pretty well with the case's finishing.
And the dominators look great with that mobo
biggrin.gif

I'll post a log on the same case soon and we can flame and troll each other, since no one is paying attention to 800D logs anymore.
wink.gif

Yours will be water-cooled as well?
How about the gpu(s)?
More details, please!
thumb.gif
Hey you're the first to comment haha. Yeah seems no one likes the 800D builds. But yeah I'll be doing full WC CPU & GPU's, and it's the first time using a fan controller so i'm hoping it does pretty good, and it does match the case another reason for getting it, and instead of having 7 fans connected to my MB. It'll be awhile before i get the rest of my stuff though, cause i still got 3 monitors to get, 2 GPU's to get, and all my WC parts. Far as GPU's go I'm thinking of rolling with the evga 580 hydro copper 2 3GB x2 instead of waiting for kepler. Cause when kepler comes out then you got to wait even longer for the WC versions to come out i think. Also gonna get some of that MX-4 grease and try it out instead of the noctua even though I'm an noctua fan i heard the MX-4 is a lot better. Also in that one pic of mine it looked like the fan controller wasn't set correct or something looked crooked, but i fixed that cause I'm anal about that type of stuff.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbs View Post

Hey you're the first to comment haha. Yeah seems no one likes the 800D builds. But yeah I'll be doing full WC CPU & GPU's, and it's the first time using a fan controller so i'm hoping it does pretty good, and it does match the case another reason for getting it, and instead of having 7 fans connected to my MB. It'll be awhile before i get the rest of my stuff though, cause i still got 3 monitors to get, 2 GPU's to get, and all my WC parts. Far as GPU's go I'm thinking of rolling with the evga 580 hydro copper 2 3GB x2 instead of waiting for kepler. Cause when kepler comes out then you got to wait even longer for the WC versions to come out i think. Also gonna get some of that MX-4 grease and try it out instead of the noctua even though I'm an noctua fan i heard the MX-4 is a lot better. Also in that one pic of mine it looked like the fan controller wasn't set correct or something looked crooked, but i fixed that cause I'm anal about that type of stuff.
biggrin.gif

That fan controller should be good. I saw a lot of folks here with similar ones.

I wouldn't wait for kepler either.
It wont be much of an upgrade from a pair of good 580s anyway.
thumb.gif

I use mx-4 and its good and non-conductive but I think you wont see much of difference between them (maybe 2-3C, for some that's a lot but not for me
smile.gif
).

Keep posting, man!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

biggrin.gif

That fan controller should be good. I saw a lot of folks here with similar ones.
I wouldn't wait for kepler either.
It wont be much of an upgrade from a pair of good 580s anyway.
thumb.gif

I use mx-4 and its good and non-conductive but you I think you wont see much of difference between them (maybe 2-3C, for some that a lot but not for me
smile.gif
).
Keep posting, man!
Just hope the prices go down on the 580's when kepler comes out that would be awesome would save some extra cash on other stuff. I also jump started an old PSU and connect my fan controller and fans to it. Worked awesome and the corsair fans that came with the 800D are very quite on max, but they don't push/pull a ton of air. I'll be looking at fans once that time gets here especially for my rads. Oh yeah don't think i mentioned it but I'm gonna do black/white/red theme.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I have the same fan controller, I love it.

I control 10 Noctua fans with it, no hitches whatsoever.

You made a good choice OP. Looking forward to your finished product
thumb.gif

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
sexy

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recipe7 View Post

I have the same fan controller, I love it.
I control 10 Noctua fans with it, no hitches whatsoever.
You made a good choice OP. Looking forward to your finished product
thumb.gif

lol man we got the same fan controller and dvd burner. Once i get my PSU in I'm gonna take some better pics then i did with the first set. Stupid camera phone. I'm thinking about putting the fan controller in the top bay because the cover that hides the USB 3.0's etc hits the top of my dvd drive when i try to close it back. Real annoying.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Quote:

lol man we got the same fan controller and dvd burner. Once i get my PSU in I'm gonna take some better pics then i did with the first set. Stupid camera phone. I'm thinking about putting the fan controller in the top bay because the cover that hides the USB 3.0's etc hits the top of my dvd drive when i try to close it back. Real annoying.
I would have noticed your optical drive if it wasn't for the flash, hehe.

Yeah, place it on the top, it's much easier to manage that way.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellish View Post

You are going to want to move the fan controller to above the drive so you can hide the wires nicer
6890411001_537476ecbd_z.jpg
Yeah i am going to. But instead of having the wires going through that hole with the other wires. I put them through the other hole next to the controller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recipe7 View Post

I would have noticed your optical drive if it wasn't for the flash, hehe.
Yeah, place it on the top, it's much easier to manage that way.
Yeah top will be best, because then i should be able to open and close the lid of the cover without interference of my dvd drive.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Quote:

Just hope the prices go down on the 580's when kepler comes out that would be awesome would save some extra cash on other stuff. I also jump started an old PSU and connect my fan controller and fans to it. Worked awesome and the corsair fans that came with the 800D are very quite on max, but they don't push/pull a ton of air. I'll be looking at fans once that time gets here especially for my rads. Oh yeah don't think i mentioned it but I'm gonna do black/white/red theme.
Damn!
I wanted that same color scheme but my mobo has lots of blue in it so I ended up going with a UV blue (no LEDs) theme.
rolleyes.gif

It will look incredible in red, white and black!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Damn!
I wanted that same color scheme but my mobo has lots of blue in it so I ended up going with a UV blue (no LEDs) theme.
rolleyes.gif

It will look incredible in red, white and black!
thumb.gif
Yeah i just can't wait to get everything and get it done with. Only thing i hate about this corsair PSU is the ugly yellow AX name logo and my last one had the blue HX logo.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Quote:

UPDATE: Will not be using 2600K will be getting i7-3770K, and will be changing R.A.T 7 mouse to M.M.O 7 or R.A.T 7 albino. Hopefully this guy will my other parts like he said he plans on doing.
Future updates ahead.
Ooohh, Socket 2011
biggrin.gif
!
Nice!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Keep the log going please. This is a good start!

I just got my 550D, I cannot wait to start building but I am waiting for the Ivy to come out.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts