Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cpuzvalidation.png
Air cooling, when i bought i'm not sure if it's a i5 2500k or i5 2500
cool.gif
running at 50c

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I think you are using a non-k version, as in CPU-z it states 2600k, not 2600. Is that at stock volts? and whats the temps. You need to make sure it is stable as well. Run IntelBurntest at max with all RAM tested/Prime95 Blend custom with all RAM tested. If you didnt, it isnt stable.

I do hope you aint overclocking with the stock cooler.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sloppyjoe123
View Post

I think you are using a non-k version, as in CPU-z it states 2600k, not 2600. Is that at stock volts? and whats the temps. You need to make sure it is stable as well. Run IntelBurntest at max with all RAM tested/Prime95 Blend custom with all RAM tested. If you didnt, it isnt stable.

I do hope you aint overclocking with the stock cooler.

1. Thanks.
2. Stock volts, temperate 50c, stable, but i'll check your advice
3. is 50c on idle bad?
4. It isn't stock cooler.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faoeoa;15200843
1. Thanks.
2. Stock volts, temperate 50c, stable, but i'll check your advice
3. is 50c on idle bad?
4. It isn't stock cooler.
temps on idle dont matter much but that is pretty high. gotta get your temps when stressing it. if it gets up to 75, turn off the stress test and let us know how long it was running for.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Was your CPU-z shot taken at idle or under stress. 4.1GHz and under stock voltage doesn't sound right, but Im new to this too.

What have you run to determine its stable?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
3 minutes and FULL LOAD maxed out to about 90c, it threw itself down later, i have about the same specs as you confed. what voltage should i put it to?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrr;15200972
Was your CPU-z shot taken at idle or under stress. 4.1GHz and under stock voltage doesn't sound right, but Im new to this too.

What have you run to determine its stable?
Battlefield 3, That program, my voltage is stock.

40c on idle now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My friend built it for me, how would i install a CPU cooler in a Midi-ATX Tower.
I've also got AI Suite II, i can alter the fan speed so what should i do?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyhow, i did a rebenchmark, there's no problems as i don't do anything more CPU Intensive than Battlefield 3 on low, 7 frames extra and 70c on full load

·
Premium Member
6,034 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Faoeoa
View Post

Xigmatek Asgard I

the Asgard is an ATX case not a mATX case. mATX only has 4 expansion slots and are usually built much smaller often with only 1 or 2 5.25 bays.

with that out of the way, your case should be able to take pretty much any cooler you want to use. it's not height constricted like most mATX cases.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts