Discussion Starter #1
well. im starting from scratch,

Case- HAF 932
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119160

GPU- EVGA Ge-force GTX 470 SS (x2)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130549

MoBo- EVGA E760 CLASSIFIED
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813188048

I need everything lol, dont really know whats good, and what works. Need a radiator, and Reservoir that will mount inside the HAF 932, and also a good water-block for the MoBo, i would prefer a full coverage one, just cause they look pretty cool, and also what to use for the GPu's. and the CPU of course.

any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Mobo cooling won't give you any performance gains, so I wouldn't waste your money on it. As for the rest of the loop:

EK Supreme HF Full Nickel Rev. 2
EK FC470 Nickel Plexi x 2
MCP 355 Pump
XSPC Reservoir Top for Laing DDC (MCP 355)
XSPC RX360 Radiator
1/2" ID 3/4" OD primochill tubing - 10 ft
Bitspower compression fittings for 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing x 8
Danger Den SLI Fitting Connector package
PT-Nuke
Distilled Water

·
Registered
966 Posts
The 932 is a great case, but if your going with water you might want to look into the 700D or even 800D if you don't mind spending a little more, I own the 932 myself, and decided to switch it up and go with the 800D after seeing this mod: http://www.overclock.net/water-cooli...l#post10652556

Also, whats your budget?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliehorse55 View Post
Mobo cooling won't give you any performance gains, so I wouldn't waste your money on it. As for the rest of the loop:

EK Supreme HF Full Nickel Rev. 2
EK FC470 Nickel Plexi x 2
MCP 355 Pump
XSPC RX360 Radiator
1/2" ID 3/4" OD primochill tubing - 10 ft

Bitspower compression fittings for 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing x 8
Danger Den SLI Fitting Connector package
PT-Nuke
Distilled Water

We should just sticky this loop for all the people that want to make a basic loop. Its always recommended by people on OCN.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
^ any pictures of that setup?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkwin View Post
thanks guys, ill look into all of this, and as in the case, im just a huge fan of the haf haha

With the pump, how do you mount it to the Reservoir or watever?
You'll have to take apart the pump and attach the res onto the pump. Its not that difficult and hopefully comes with some instructions? Otherwise I"m sure you could youtube it

·
Registered
956 Posts
XSPC RASA
EK FC470 Nickel Acetal x 2
MCP 355 Pump
XSPC RX360 Radiator
PT-Nuke
Distilled Water
7/16" ID Tubing with bitspower 1/2"ID barbs

you may also want to add in an rx120 for better temps.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Quote:

thanks guys, ill look into all of this, and as in the case, im just a huge fan of the haf haha

With the pump, how do you mount it to the Reservoir or watever?
Installing the XSPC top just entails unscrewing the stock top (4 screws), and then screwing the XSPC one onto the pump (again 4 screws). It's very simple, and I did mine in about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
536 Posts
to the op... i have constructed my 1st two loops in the past couple of months. I learned on my atcs 840 and improved on my new corsair 800D (highly recommended).

All the other posts have good info, but from a beginner let me give you one piece of advice. The most trouble I had was installing my res/pump. I got a koolance cylinder res and mcp655 pump. The problem with this setup was that the res and pump were the only things that actually required case mods. It took me hours to get it installed and I still didnt like the look.

I realized very quick that the best looking option is a 5.25" bay res/pump combo. I got the xspc dual 5.25 bay res that fit my pump. Installed easily and works and looks like a dream.

5.25 BAY PUMP/RES COMBO YOU WONT REGRET IT

·
Registered
966 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckycheeze View Post
to the op... i have constructed my 1st two loops in the past couple of months. I learned on my atcs 840 and improved on my new corsair 800D (highly recommended).

All the other posts have good info, but from a beginner let me give you one piece of advice. The most trouble I had was installing my res/pump. I got a koolance cylinder res and mcp655 pump. The problem with this setup was that the res and pump were the only things that actually required case mods. It took me hours to get it installed and I still didnt like the look.

I realized very quick that the best looking option is a 5.25" bay res/pump combo. I got the xspc dual 5.25 bay res that fit my pump. Installed easily and works and looks like a dream.

5.25 BAY RES COMBO YOU WONT REGRET IT

Just wanted to throw this out there, to avoid modding your case to install the pump, you could always just hot glue it in place, that's what i did at least.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelah View Post
Just wanted to throw this out there, to avoid modding your case to install the pump, you could always just hot glue it in place, that's what i did at least.
ahhh... good idea. i ended up just zip tying bc I knew I was selling the case soon. duly noted for future reference tho
+rep

Quote:

i dont mind case modding, i work for Allen Bradley, cutting and wiring industrial control panels.

well then

however, the bay res pump does leave a nice clean interior. I know some like to see their res... i like to see clean organization and lots of air space

·
RGB Numba Wan!
23,322 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts