Overclock.net banner

My first m-ITX build ever.

986 Views 1 Reply 1 Participant Last post by  ChronicWorka
It was pretty difficult purely because I have large hands and when things go in they leave very little room so I had to use my head more than usual. Come away with just 1 cut... not bad!

I am happy with my case choice but kinda pissed they did not include 3.5" bays, however I used a bit of ingenuity and got the HDD screwed down to the rear wall of the chassis using rubber grommets to dampen the HDD's noise.

The original case that housed this power supply and the GPU / HDD's was an NZXT Phantom 820.. needless to say an absolute unit of a chassis. Glad to see the back of it, too heavy and too large. This is a Phanteks P200A non RGB, also all solid side panels with big vents.

Temperatures are surprisingly very good and are no different from what I can tell from when I had the hardware in the larger chassis. No fans have been added.

The motherboard was swapped from a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite to the MSI MPG B550I Gaming Edge MAX WIFI, it has been rock solid and everything run without hassle out of the box.

Spec list.
Ryzen 5 5600X PBO
Arctic Cooling Esports Duo 34 with AS 4 paste.
16GB Patriot Viper 3733mhz CL17
MSI MPG B550I Gaming Edge MAX WIFI
MSI Ventus RTX 2060 OC GP edition (Plenty of room for a much bigger card)
Superflower Leadex III 650w power supply
1TB WD Blue M.2 SSD (Games)
1TB Crucial BX 500 SSD (Games)
8TB Western Digital Red (Downloads, recordings etc)
128GB PNY CS900 (OS)
Gigabyte M27Q monitor

The system is not silent, but it is far from loud, no annoying coil noises or whines. The HDD could be quieter but without proper 3.5" compatibility, it's far from the worst.

Happy overall!.

Font Barware Tableware Darkness Monochrome photography
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Ran this on my 2nd monitor for reasonable performance metrics with an RTX 2060.

It seems I have the performance edition case.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.