Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, thinking of overclocking my CPU a smidge! Kind of excited and nervous about it.
biggrin.gif
Nothing heavy, just a little past the current speed. I am currently using the stock fan and paste with it, not sure how good it'll perform, but does anyone have any experiences with this CPU? It's for the rig in my sig too, if there's anything I should note... Currently running nice and stable at 15C so I figured I have a little wiggle room for improvement.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I did 3.4GHz on with my old 640 on the stock cooler with the vcore at around 1.42v, the temps weren't to bad IIRC. Later on after I got a new cooler I had it up to 3.6GHz but I couldn't get it to go any higher as I didn't want to put the vcore up above 1.5v

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the note, I've been kind of using it as a guideline of where not to go. I'm currently at a nice OC of 3.3 with a very gentle overvolt around the mid 1.3's. Seems to be stable, gonna go through some tests.
smile.gif

Edit: Doing some folding; seems to be okay. May stick with it. CPU's a little warm, up to 35C, nothing dangerous thankfully.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts