Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
The Danfoss SC15CLX.2 would be much better. The first one is for r134a and may not play well with the r404/r507 gases that are typically used in single stages. That second one is a 1HP model for the so you should do very well under load.

Just wondering, where are you buying from? All the reasonably priced ones I am finding are for 230V.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dinkledork
View Post

The Danfoss SC15CLX.2 would be much better. The first one is for r134a and may not play well with the r404/r507 gases that are typically used in single stages. That second one is a 1HP model for the so you should do very well under load.

Just wondering, where are you buying from? All the reasonably priced ones I am finding are for 230V.

i'm not sure.. i can ask the guy that is providing it for me though.
i'll post back later on where he got it if you're interested

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here is the ss i just bought from ron *runmc on XS with the said compressor

all he needs to do is slap on a temp display.. then it's ready

can't wait.. my first ss, and i have just enough saved up to buy one more for my other rig.. a used unit though... made by ron i think.. just figuring out which one

·
Registered
263 Posts
Oh... you had me getting out my popcorn bucket in anticipation of another build log...

Picks are broken... but congratulations on your first SS.

And I am guessing a beast one at that

SS benchers unite!

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

View Post

Oh... you had me getting out my popcorn bucket in anticipation of another build log...

SS benchers unite!

thanks dinkledork.. and i wish i had the tools to build one, but getting all the supplies would basically tap me out to the point of me not being able to buy the actual materials needed
(at least that's what i've been told..the tools are pricey)

btw.. very nice build!! saw it on you're thread and it looks awesome!
btw i see the pics fine

·
Registered
573 Posts
Quote:

View Post

SS benchers unite!

Searched the forums he tried to link the pictures to, here's his thread I assume.

Also has his pictures there.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...oin&highlight=

• Rep+
Reactions: badatgames18

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks! Yeah stuff isn't cheap... I really want to finish my current project so I can move on to random experimentation...

Every time I think I am going to have enough free time to do stuff something pops up...

The best part is that the weekend I finished brazing I went to my grandparents house for the holiday, poked around in my grandfathers old gun shop for the first time since he died a few years ago, and lo and behold: an oxy-acetylene torch.

So where are your images hosted?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by badatgames18
View Post

lol that's my ol water chiller that i sold

so you can't see the pics i posted?

just curious

Can't see the pictures either.
They're linked to an attachment on those forums. So I think since you're prolly logged into that thread, you can actually see them. But I don't know. =\\

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Semedar
View Post

Can't see the pictures either.
They're linked to an attachment on those forums. So I think since you're prolly logged into that thread, you can actually see them. But I don't know. =\\

yea fixed.. sorry guys.. it's private on xs so only members can see them.. i cleared my cookies and i couldn't see them either.. took manual screen shots of them

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

View Post

quick question dinkledork.. did you check how much your ss pulls from the wall?

thanks

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

View Post

I don't have a kill-a-watt at the moment, unfortunately.

i'll check once i get it.. i hope it stays bellow 800w,(electric bills are already really high) but i have no idea on how much it will pull.

are you planning to use it as a 24/7 solution or just for benching?

·
Registered
263 Posts
The only reason I went for phase is because it can go 24/7. Otherwise I would have a nice, hefty Dewar in my basement.

No, correction, knowing me I would have built a nitrogen liquefaction device over buying a Dewar.

So yeah I am doing it 24/7. My compressor is 1/2 hp which translates to ~400w. Yours is 1HP which translates to ~750w. That's assuming it is running within spec.

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
My SS was built by ron. He lives about 15 minutes away from me but I've never met him. I actually bought it from someone else. I do have it connected to a Kilowatt and it pulls about 450W.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecdm;15326803
My SS was built by ron. He lives about 15 minutes away from me but I've never met him. I actually bought it from someone else. I do have it connected to a Kilowatt and it pulls about 450W.
thanks for the info mike..

i think i'll be using the ss for longer bench sessions/ binning, and for 24/7 i'll keep it on air
smile.gif

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey man .... GRATS on the purchase
biggrin.gif
. You certainly purchased from an excellent builder who will take good care of you as well ! Can't wait to see some FROST !

I also want to say that I think it was a wise move to be realistic about purchasing over building . The " hey if i spend all my money on tools , how will i be able to build the unit" is a huge point and has frustrated more than one new builder . My first build cost me about 3 X what I thought it would and really slowed me down. Took a year to finish !
frown.gif

A watt meter is about $20 bucks with shipping from the Egg . Get one . cheapest most used tool I have .

GRATS again !

-flocko

·
Registered
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecdm;15326803
does ron make/sell these units?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts