·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ErBall View Post
that is really really well done. good job

how did you cut it out?
first marked out cut with a square, cut the edges using a small holesaw, then used a angle grinder to cut out, then just sanded out any notches then re sprayed with black gloss ^^

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by SmasherBasher View Post
Wow. Almost looks like a factory window.
OT - is that a built-in sub in the wall?
lol no I have a pair of ministry of sound speakers bolted to the side of my desk hutch. And factory cut, well it was cut at work
as a welder I have quite abit of experience of working with different metals so the cut was pretty easy with all the tools available.

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Of course it hasn't made a big difference with temps. Those huge side fans are the stupidest thing I've ever seen.
Fans at the bottom in the front and fans at the top and back. That is how they should be set up to take the cool air from the bottom, have it flow over hot components, rise and be exhausted out the rear.

Nice cut, very clean. Gonna light it up?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mygaffer View Post
Of course it hasn't made a big difference with temps. Those huge side fans are the stupidest thing I've ever seen.
Fans at the bottom in the front and fans at the top and back. That is how they should be set up to take the cool air from the bottom, have it flow over hot components, rise and be exhausted out the rear.

Nice cut, very clean. Gonna light it up?
Yeah I've found those fan's really don't work very well...
and it is lit up abit, it's just that I had the flash on to take the pic or I get a really horrible quality pic, here's a pic anyway

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Much better, love the window.
My new cm690 will hopefully get one in next 2 weeks

• Rep+
Reactions: h3xw1z4rd

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
The sign on your door says, "The Doctor is in"

Very nice and clean job, I really like the "cleaner" look. For a "first time" I think that is excellent.

+

So... how did the removal of the side-fan effect the operating temperatures?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Syrillian View Post
The sign on your door says, "The Doctor is in"

Very nice and clean job, I really like the "cleaner" look. For a "first time" I think that is excellent.

+

So... how did the removal of the side-fan effect the operating temperatures?
To be honest I've been monitoring temps and I havnt seen hardly any temp change's even nb temp seem's about the same

Quote:

Originally Posted by XFreeRollerX View Post
Can I have your old fan??

Window looks fantastic !!
lol I would say yes but a friend at work already claimed and taken it for a project for cooling his ps3

1 - 18 of 18 Posts