Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so we got into an argument about whether his 9800gt can use DX11 (it cant) and he is adamant about his decision...i asked him to show me a video of him using Heaven benchie and switching from dx10 to dx11 >;D so im going to link this thread on his facebook once all you guy tell him why he cannot use DX11 on his 9800gt
thanks!

·
Totally New to OCN
10,627 Posts
maybe he doesnt know the terms well enough to understand that not being able to play DX11, does not mean he won't be able to play the Game.

Or hes liek this kid I knew.. he Swore up and down his Matrox Millenium 2 graphics card was uber because Duke Nuken Still looked like Duke Nukem.... he thought it looked Better, but thats just silly.

Try telling him otherwise? And he will tell you how his Daddy (The Mechanic lol) Knows the world about Computers.

• Rep+
Reactions: jetplane48

·
Premium Member
9,081 Posts
I guess google can asnwer him?

• Rep+
Reactions: jetplane48

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, he is super stubborn and wont listen to me...can you guys just show him the way? i tried telling him to look on google but he wont listen. as i said on the op,
Quote:

so im going to link this thread on his facebook once all you guy tell him why he cannot use DX11 on his 9800gt thanks!

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
I know there's some weird thing in the nVidia drivers that says directx version 11 or something like that, there was a thread very similar to this up not even 2 days ago, ah here it is. Just link him to that.

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
he cant use DX11 on his card because the architecture dosent support it. it supports DX9 and DX10, but not DX11. thats the whole reason for fermi coming out, because its the first nvidia card with DX11 architecture.

·
Premium Member
4,420 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jetplane48
View Post

im going to link this thread on his facebook once all you guy tell him why he cannot use DX11 on his 9800gt
thanks!

A 9800gt cannot use DX11

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
these are the answers im looking for
THANKS! rep to all above! how do i close the thread?

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Didn't we have a thread about the exact same thing (same card in question even) a few days ago?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Not only is the 9800 series more then 2 years old, Nvidia hasn't yet released a dx11 capable videocard, so not only is the 9800 series dx10 only, but so is the 200 series, and the 300 series, the first DX11 cards from Nvidia is the 400 series.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Actually he can run Directx11 games, how ever he wont be able to use any of the Directx11 features until he upgrades his GPU (9800GT is Directx10)

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Totally New to OCN
10,627 Posts
i think il just leave Andrew Dawson alone there
the one guy said it best

nVidia has NOT released a Graphics Card, with DX11.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, he wont listen to me at all, oh well...if you dont want to spam him, you dont have to haha...im just saying im tired of him not listening to the truth! what should i say?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jetplane48 View Post
well, he wont listen to me at all, oh well...if you dont want to spam him, you dont have to haha...im just saying im tired of him not listening to the truth! what should i say?
Nothing, if he wants to live in ignorance let him, you tried to warn him, he didn't listen

he might actually take your advice in the future

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
He's just trolling with you dude. No one that technologically smart can assume his 9800GT is DX11 after having an entire forum tell him otherwise. He just knows you're getting worked up and is stonewalling you.

Have him try to run call of pripyat, heaven benchmark or dirt 2 in DX11 and post his results. Tell him to go run AvP and see if he can turn on tesselation or DX11 shadows.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by t0adphr0g View Post
Simple answer: If your card is by ATi and the name starts with HD 5xxx then you can run DirectX 11. All others cannot!
Heh you never know he may have a GTX 470 or 480 stashed away

http://www.jab-tech.com/Black-Ice-GT...r-pr-3614.html Heh these things are really good at DX11 games you know

Sorry buddy your 9800 cannot use DX11

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sigh, now he is looking at this thread and is calling BS because he think i paid you guys to say this...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts