Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
AMD Overclocker
9,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm thinking about throwing my 580 back on water along with another 580 in the future. Here is my part list:

2 x EK 580GTX+
XSPC RS360
Swiftech MCP350
XSPC Liang DDC Reservoir
3 x High Speed Yate Loons in a pull configuration

Now, what I'm wondering is will this keep my 580's under or around 60-65c on full load with a hefty overclock? My ambient temps during the summer are usually around 30c.

·
Premium Member
9,085 Posts
Get a RX 360 At least, the RS360 won't be enough and personnally I would go Push/pull configurations so 6 fans

·
AMD Overclocker
9,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by KaRLiToS
View Post

Get a RX 360 At least, the RS360 won't be enough and personnally I would go Push/pull configurations so 6 fans

I might just try it out first instead of investing in a new rad just yet. If i'm unhappy with the performance, i'll just get an rx 360 like you said. Thanks for the input!

·
Premium Member
9,085 Posts
You're welcome, anytime

·
AMD Overclocker
9,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by RushMore1205
View Post

even with the RS kit you will be way under 60, my 470 with 800mhz when stock at 607 never break 47c

When I had my cpu + gpu loop, it went pump/res>gpu>rs360>cpu>rs240>pump/res and I was getting load temps in the 50's for my 580. So, I doubt that using sli with a loop like that will prove very effecient. That's why I'm splitting them up, gpu's can take a higher air/water delta than cpu's can. As long as my gpu's don't go over 70c, i'll be happy.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KaRLiToS
View Post

They both have excellent, the RX360 is thicker with wider fin spacing so it does better with low-speed fans. If size is an issue the RS360 will do just fine.

·
AMD Overclocker
9,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by 8ight
View Post

They both have excellent, the RX360 is thicker with wider fin spacing so it does better with low-speed fans. If size is an issue the RS360 will do just fine.

Space is a bit of an issue, since I will have the 360 hanging off the back of my case, so the thicker the rad, the more it sticks out from the wall.

·
AMD Overclocker
9,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somenamehere;14114965
Drop the EK blocks quality, and customer service is horrible.
I actually already have one ek block and the rs360 rad. And i've never had any problems with ek personally, so until then I'll keep using their products. Btw, i'm using a copper block, not nickel.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I think you will see pretty good temps on a GPU dedicated loop with the 360 Rad mounted externally. I dont think you will see temps close to 70c with SLI 580's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts