Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Ok so the ambient temperature in my room is around 22-23°C, my 955 at 1.4v ldles at 38°C and loads at over 50°C. Obviously I shouldn't be getting such bad temps since my case has really good airflow. Ive tried reseating the h50, replacing tim, using different fans in push/pull (zalman zm f3, silverstone air penetrators, xigmatek). Nothing. Before anyone asks yes the pump is running at 1400rpm.
tl;dr I was wondering if my high idle/load temps have something with the way I cleaned the copper base on my H50. I used a kind of alcohol thing that contains perchlorethylene and amyl acetate.

Can anyone help me? Please!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Well you could restore your stock settings and see what temps you have then also I always clean my cpu with nail polisher. Haven't had any problems with it.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
how far over 50 degrees?

seems about right for that proc.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow that's bull, I thought the h50 was supposed to be better than most air coolers. after about 10mins i reach 53°C. around 54°C my proc starts throttling (ie downclocking to 800mhz to reduce temps)

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
It not supposed to beat other high end air coolers, it is supposed to match them with less noise. And you processor should not start throttling until mid 60's if not higher.

BTW your idle will never be as good as an air cooler, something about the liquid or something. but load temps should be similar.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I realised that idle temps would be higher. but its just not normal to have such high temps when my ambient is 22°C. Also I'm not sure as to why it throttles so soon. It could be because of my vrappy motherboard..or it could be my cpu dying?

·
Still on Sandy Bridge
1,375 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Giac View Post
Wow that's bull, I thought the h50 was supposed to be better than most air coolers. after about 10mins i reach 53°C. around 54°C my proc starts throttling (ie downclocking to 800mhz to reduce temps)
Turn off CnQ and C1E stuff.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by metal_gunjee View Post
Turn off CnQ and C1E stuff.
that was the first thing i did lol

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by nolimits882000 View Post
Its really not the coolers fault that you throttle so quickly, as its still in the temperature range for normal operation. It might be down to your motherboard at this point.
Yes I was thinking the same thing. I used to have a 790x board and my 955 only started throttling at 56°C or so (still not very normal).

·
Registered
164 Posts
Those temperatures are perfectly normal. What your problem is that you're expecting too much out of your cooler. If you want lower temps, either underclock your chip or get better cooling.

Warning rant: What I can't seem to understand is how many of these "H50 bad temps" threads there are when in reality their temps are normal. What their problem is trying to compare a $70~ closed loop with a $300+ open loop. And this would be you.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedFox911 View Post
Whats wrong with 50c load?
have you ever owned an amd cpu? 50°C is like death's door.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Giac View Post
have you ever owned an amd cpu? 50°C is like death's door.
50c is quite good for load?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts