Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PAGE 5-6 SERIOUS AMOUNT OF PICS WARNING FOR THOSE WITH POOR INTERNET CONNECTIONS YOU COULD BE WAITING A WHILE

So she's virtually finished no more mods only hardware to add, i.e couple SSD's in a month or 2 perhaps and another 6gb of perfect storm ram, My pockets are already very light from this little mad couple of months I've had building it, Not only in the expense of the parts but the time i keep sneaking off to wait for deliveries, building and testing,......... its a bloody good job I work for myself ha
so its only myself i'm short changing.

A whole feast of new Pic's on page 5-6 for the complete overhaul.

I'm really pleased with my efforts as this is really only the first proper fully
WC system i've ever built. and all my previous experience comes from the 8 week build up to this finale, and my trade of course, Plumber/gas engineer

hope you like what you see and i get a little more feed back than last time

my cpu at 4.2ghz 1.37v top temp in P95 or Linx is 65-70
GPU's havent been passed 44'c yet and i ran [email protected] on 1 for 2 hrs shhh i'm not supposed to be folding as im to pissed with stanford for telling me my 3+k rig is useless a few weeks back
but secretly i'm missing it like mad a ready to give it another go tbh
especially now as i'm itching to run the rig VMware i7 bigadv, and both gpu's as i know it a poss 60-70k day monster!!! and i wish to be doing something for a good cause, i will be back very soon

couple of Crysis Benchies quick yesterday
100 fps Everything on high with x16 AA SLi 4 loop pass beach
47 fps Everything on V high with x16AA SLi 4 loop pass beach

anyhow
back to the rig
please let me know what you think good or bad as I wont really care if you dont like it,
I love it!
and think the choice of colours has worked out really well

Mike'e

OLD POST
Hey all,

So over the past few weeks ive been spending ludicrous amounts of money on myself and bought lots of new goodies!!!

I'm not gonna make this a long winded journal of i did this i did that just gonna fill it full of pic's and let you work out what ive done where and what. short of not knowing please feel free to ask.

It will be an on going thing for a few more weeks as im waiting to recieve 2 Heat killer GTX 285 GPU Water blocks and link them up to another Rad/res/pump and im about to install my EK X58 FB kit this weekend so will be another load of pics then too

Busting up the case

Undercoat time

Firstcoat

Case Re assembly

Some of the new bits, got to excited and was eager to crack on as i knew this was a weeks or more projects and forgot to take more pic's of all the new bits lol

partially finished article

current status of project waiting on new bits to arrive to continue

·
Premium Member
9,511 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbmike777 View Post
bump come on someone must have something to say surely lol
No, we're all jealous and hate it!
You should have got a Dell

jk

She's a beast

So what sort of numbers are you getting from Vantage?
And when are the GPU water blocks coming?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i cant believe this post is a week old and had 300 views and the only person whos got something to say about it good or bad here in OCN is a pal!!!!!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbmike777
View Post

Did you purposfuly cross the tubes over at each block or is that how they had to be with inlets and outlets?

I completely missed this or something. Really well done job on the case paintjob and I can't wait to see you WC the GPUs aswell. What kind of temp decrease did you get from WCing the mobo chipsets?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
The tubes look sweet crossed
And awesome setup! Sub'd

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by FalloutBoy View Post
Did you purposfuly cross the tubes over at each block or is that how they had to be with inlets and outlets?

I completely missed this or something. Really well done job on the case paintjob and I can't wait to see you WC the GPUs aswell. What kind of temp decrease did you get from WCing the mobo chipsets?

tubes crossed like that for best way to maintain a flowing loop with no tee's or 45' fittings thus giving me the best loop for minimal flow restriction. it was also the way i decided it looked good too

thanks bub yeah paint job didnt turn out to bad, But if i'm honest the paint i used that i thought was appropriate hasn't taken to the case metal to well despite preperation, So its going to be done again shortly but this time in a professional paint shop and get stone baked enamled too. Just havent quite decided wether to keep it black or go all out and have it a completely new colour.... undecided as of yet.

Temps, I was actually quite astonished when i got into the Mobo's box and found there was no form of active cooling for the north bridge , and wasn't going to be as straight forward as sticking a fan on it due to its makeup and face plate, so temps even at stock were high 70-80.
First overclock on stock cooling it was hitting 85-90,
Now thankfully it sits at 40-45 average and 50-55 under full stress,....and on exceptional days its even as low as 30-33 well chuffed with that tbh

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
Hey! I have the same waterblock!

We have very similar rigs, and I love mine!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx View Post
Hey! I have the same waterblock!

We have very similar rigs, and I love mine!
me too still few more bits to go but she's phenominal and exceptionally quick at everything

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbmike777
View Post

me too still few more bits to go but she's phenominal and exceptionally quick at everything

Yup! I bet you could tear me apart in Vantage though... Those 285's with a decent overclock score much better than my 4890's on screamin' overclocks.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i havent played to much with gpus yet lookin forward to that when i got them both covered with a pair of HeatKiller blocks so i can really wind em up, but there already oc editions so they run well now, 20k ppd atm [email protected]

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
I got up to 19500PPD when I had my 4890's, i7, and 9800GTX folding.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i can see battles ahead for me and you in the [email protected] table
super love a bit of competition
theres only 20 spots between us after my update

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
Yeah, but I'm selling the 9800GTX + E7500 rig because I'm going to Spain. I'll probably be selling one of my 4890's too

If you're interested in picking up another rig, it can be yours for 230 + shipping. See the For Sale section for more details.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx
View Post

Yeah, but I'm selling the 9800GTX + E7500 rig because I'm going to Spain. I'll probably be selling one of my 4890's too

If you're interested in picking up another rig, it can be yours for 230 + shipping. See the For Sale section for more details.

you cant do that if you love it so much i wouldnt sell mine for love nor money now to deep into the pockets to do that lol

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
It'll be sitting around while I'm in Spain next semester. I'll be gone until May.

And I am broke!!!!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx View Post
It'll be sitting around while I'm in Spain next semester. I'll be gone until May.

And I am broke!!!!
fair enough bub

1 - 20 of 61 Posts