Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the past month some times when my pc went to sleep it wouldn't wake up. Today before I left to school got on my pc and had to restart it because it wouldn't wake up. Well on the boot screen I got hdd smart replace hard drive and reboot error.

Now for some reseaon when I booted it never showed the raid 0 page screen it just goes to the error, do you guys think that raid maybe some how got disabled?

If so how do I enable it back on my board I looked on bios but couldn't find it, so any idea how to set that up?

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
To reenable RAID on your board you will need to find out what keys to press to bring up the RAID menu. Most onboard raid controllers arent accessed via BIOS but by another set of key strokes. So if you find those out you can go in and check the RAID.

Also thuogh, have you been experiencing slower performance than before with your RAID setup? If so that could have been indicative of an HD failing.

The other thing you may want to do is download Ultimate Boot CD and burn it to a disc, then boot your rig from that disc and run a chkdsk C: /x /r from a command line
make sure to either change directories in the command prompt or specify which drive. If you run into a large number of bad blocks, sectors, or orphaned files, you may be running into a bad HD. If so, the best thing you can do is to get an external drive or another internal drive and move all of your data over to that drive using Ultimate Boot CD or Linux, or some other LiveCD of your choice. But make sure you do it in a Live environment so that you put less strain on the drive that you believe is dieing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts