Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

First of all, sorry I'm a noob in OC'ing a cpu especially sandy bridge. Can someone help to advise whether is it safe for me to run my cpu 24/7 at below setting and voltage? I tried to push further to 4.8GHz but even 4.6GHz already cause my pc to freeze while loading windows.
CPU speed: 4.5GHz
Multiplier: x 45
Bus Speed: 100MHz

Voltage: varies from 1.42v-1.46v
Maximum Temperature: 75DegC after 8hours of Prime95, gaming BF3, Crysis2 DX11 @ max details (1080p)stable even after 3-4hours. Linx passed, no error in occt after 4 hours.

BIOS settings as above, I just changed multiplier,disabled turbo, voltage set to 1.38v and LLC enabled at level 7...is it safe for my cpu at above voltage? kindly let me know if more info needed, thanks for those who try to help, appreciate it
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
15,257 Posts
im gunna go out on a limb here and say you should be fine. there are people who on OCN who have run there intel rigs 24/7 or extended periods of time with vcore voltage just over 1.5V.. your temps are fine after 7 hours of prime95 at 75degC so i believe you will be just fine running it 24/7
smile.gif

if you have any concerns, just keep an eye on it when your awake both physically and by the use of software monitoring
thumb.gif

·
Nightmare
59 Posts
Try turning down your Voltage to 1.35 see if that helps.

• Rep+
Reactions: pcgamers

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubass View Post

im gunna go out on a limb here and say you should be fine. there are people who on OCN who have run there intel rigs 24/7 or extended periods of time with vcore voltage just over 1.5V.. your temps are fine after 7 hours of prime95 at 75degC so i believe you will be just fine running it 24/7
smile.gif

if you have any concerns, just keep an eye on it when your awake both physically and by the use of software monitoring
thumb.gif
Thanks for the good news, my chip is quite bad in overclocking as it needs very high voltage to stable at 4.5GHz...4.6GHz even worst i think may need more than 1.5v to stable
smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritz View Post

Try turning down your Voltage to 1.35 see if that helps.
I will try it first but I dont think it'll be stable, so no need to alter any settings other than Vcore? Is it really safe to play around with LLC? thanks mate..

·
Registered
699 Posts
you should be ok with 1.42v,.. but,.. wow,.. thats the highest VID ive ever seen with intel proc
thumb.gif

actually, mine also
redface.gif

have fun
flo

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowtek View Post

you should be ok with 1.42v,.. but,.. wow,.. thats the highest VID ive ever seen with intel proc
thumb.gif

actually, mine also
redface.gif

have fun
flo
yeah..very bad chip i got here..how unlucky
frown.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts