Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all.
My name is David and I will begin with why I am here. I am here so I can learn to effectively and safetly overclock intell and AMD systems, and hopefully utilize learned knowlage to overclock other computer periphirals.

The systems I currently have are: I have an OEM (dell) intell pen4 3.0g HT, I have various ram sticks, I am unaware of the socket, and I hope that through the support of this forum I can toss the OEM mobo in the trash, transer the CPU OC it, and hopefully assemble a much better pc than I was provided with by DELL. Its a good PC nonetheless 2 years with out a hitch. good speed, ran all I threw at it. Purchased at an reasonably cheap price.

I have also currently built a socket 754, AMD 64 3000+ with a ASUS K8V mobo decided that it was not anything special, I kept all the good peripherals, and ended up selling what I did not need, (CPU, MOBO, CASE, and one Optical Drive)
I am planing on rebuilding another amd 64 system, I was lookin into FX seriers , but thought it would be a better idea to get a 4000+ San Diego at more than half the cost and just OC it. But that is for latter discusion. I hope I learn alot here.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Welcome to the forum... Check out the FAQs and use the search feature to see if someone has found the answer you're looking for. If you can't find what you're looking for just make a post in the forum you feel best fits the question and someone should be able to help you out. It make take up to a day to get a reply since we have members all over the world. Anywho, if you fill out as much as you can in System Specs (User CP -- top left menu) it'll make it easier for us to help you without you having to type out what you have every time.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Welcome to overclock. If you can please fill out your profile so in the future we will be able to help by looking at your profile. Once again welcome to your new home at home

·
Premium Member
6,370 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheProfiteer

Greetings to all.
My name is David and I will begin with why I am here. I am here so I can learn to effectively and safetly overclock intell and AMD systems, and hopefully utilize learned knowlage to overclock other computer periphirals.

The systems I currently have are: I have an OEM (dell) intell pen4 3.0g HT, I have various ram sticks, I am unaware of the socket, and I hope that through the support of this forum I can toss the OEM mobo in the trash, transer the CPU OC it, and hopefully assemble a much better pc than I was provided with by DELL. Its a good PC nonetheless 2 years with out a hitch. good speed, ran all I threw at it. Purchased at an reasonably cheap price.

I have also currently built a socket 754, AMD 64 3000+ with a ASUS K8V mobo decided that it was not anything special, I kept all the good peripherals, and ended up selling what I did not need, (CPU, MOBO, CASE, and one Optical Drive)
I am planing on rebuilding another amd 64 system, I was lookin into FX seriers , but thought it would be a better idea to get a 4000+ San Diego at more than half the cost and just OC it. But that is for latter discusion. I hope I learn alot here.

Welcome to the forums, TheProfiteer! If you go to the downloads section, you'll find a program called CPU-Z. If you donwload thatand run it it will give you most of the information you need to fill in your parts profile. Enjoy your stay here =)

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do not want to post system specs just of yet, because the project computer that I plan on working on is not quite built yet, I am still debating on which motherboard and processor to buy. Even though I plan to OC the intell that I have Its my mother's computer and its more of a secondary concern.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts