Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
TotallydubbedHD on YT
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys n girls,

I thought to create a new thread, simply because a post in the mechanical keyboard thread would get lost.
I wanted to get my Logitech G710+ and my recently bought CM QuickFire XT painted. I talked to my dad who is a mechanic and he suggested we give the plastic from the boards to the body shop - and we did exactly that.
Before doing so, I had the liberty to go online and get the exact colour codes for the keyboards. I thus did so, in order to give the body shop an easier life.

The results are quite spectacular - pictures don't do it justice really - as the yellow and orange colours come off saturated - when as in real life they're literally like they came off a Lamborghini (as the colours chosen are Lambo colours).

I went for yellow for my home G710+ keyboard and orange for my CM XT work keyboard. Both look and feel sensational. Couldn't be happier.

Here's a video of both of these beauties:

Logitech G710+ section

Pictures:

The finished product - I removed my custom key covers and all key caps as it didn't fit with the team of the keyboard.

CM QuickFire XT section

The finished product - I removed my custom key covers and all key caps as it didn't fit with the team of the keyboard.

Hope you liked this post!
-Dubbed

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
pretty sweet man, looks excelent. You should enter one of them in the "OCN keyboard of the month" contest.

·
1689 Federalist
11,741 Posts
Looks great, good idea too I have to say that G710 is hideous as it comes stock.

·
Registered
685 Posts
So iam curious since you used lambo paint, are you able to type faster now or something lol? Is this original lamobrghini paint? If so I think it would cost you a hundred fold what your keyboard is worth lol, I think they matched the paint to resemble that of a lamborghini no? On a side note it does look alot nicer I must admit!

I couldnt help but think of the poor guy driving a celica but he had original Ferrari floormats lol,iam sure that added some value to his car haha.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcGamer1977 View Post

So iam curious since you used lambo paint, are you able to type faster now or something lol? Is this original lamobrghini paint? If so I think it would cost you a hundred fold what your keyboard is worth lol, I think they matched the paint to resemble that of a lamborghini no? On a side note it does look alot nicer I must admit!

I couldnt help but think of the poor guy driving a celica but he had original Ferrari floormats lol,iam sure that added some value to his car haha.
So you lol just decided you needed to post lol in this thread? lol and what did your post lol contribute lol to the thread lol?

OP nice keyboard btw
smile.gif

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks GreAT!

I plan on painting my Razer Black widow Ult and Razer Imperator mouse a flat silver with a mat clear coat on them but i am keeping the keys and buttons black for highlights to match my Silver metal and black wood framed glass desk with a 7" elevated glass monitor mount.

I will be doing this once I get the Silver LG 34" UM95 21:9 3440-1440 monitor that is as I said Silver but it has a glass like base. It should look awesome. I am just hoping my 4.8ghz 2600k and 2 SLI'ed EVGA GTX 770 Classified 4gb ACX cooled card will run it well enough. I believe it will do fine at 3440-1440 since that is only 2.4 times the pixels of a 1080p monitor.

·
TotallydubbedHD on YT
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixr View Post

pretty sweet man, looks excelent. You should enter one of them in the "OCN keyboard of the month" contest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPE1000 View Post

Please enter that, that deserves a win so much.
Thanks boys! Will definetely be entering this month's one.
And the following month with the CM XT
biggrin.gif

Is this months one starting in July?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post

Looks great, good idea too I have to say that G710 is hideous as it comes stock.
I don't mind the stock to be honest...but this takes it to another level....it's stock lamborghini
tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcGamer1977 View Post

|Dude it now has 550bhp
biggrin.gif

It isn't original lambo paint, but it isd as close to it that you'll get from 3rd party body shops.
Essentially I gave them the codes and then via software they match the paint code and make it as if it was the real thing. I have to say when you see it in person you think it was ripped off a lambo.
And yes this p[aint isn't cheap, nor was the process (as it is a small factor job, but requires more handy work.
The body shop even said: "We can do a whole wing in less than 20mins - but this keyboard took over 2hrs"
It honestly is something out of a custom paint job. If I had to spray it and pay for it - it wouldn't surprise me if it was £50-100 for the job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxxas049 View Post

So you lol just decided you needed to post lol in this thread? lol and what did your post lol contribute lol to the thread lol?

OP nice keyboard btw
smile.gif
lol thanks
tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by vargus14 View Post

Looks GreAT!

I plan on painting my Razer Black widow Ult and Razer Imperator mouse a flat silver with a mat clear coat on them but i am keeping the keys and buttons black for highlights to match my Silver metal and black wood framed glass desk with a 7" elevated glass monitor mount.

I will be doing this once I get the Silver LG 34" UM95 21:9 3440-1440 monitor that is as I said Silver but it has a glass like base. It should look awesome. I am just hoping my 4.8ghz 2600k and 2 SLI'ed EVGA GTX 770 Classified 4gb ACX cooled card will run it well enough. I believe it will do fine at 3440-1440 since that is only 2.4 times the pixels of a 1080p monitor.
Nice
smile.gif

·
TotallydubbedHD on YT
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
TotallydubbedHD on YT
11,564 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Great looking keyboard. Can I ask what type of paint they used? Was it bc/cc or single stage? I am wondering because I have a old dell at101w I was thinking of painting but I didn't know what type of paint would be safe for the plastic.

·
TotallydubbedHD on YT
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighoppins View Post

Great looking keyboard. Can I ask what type of paint they used? Was it bc/cc or single stage? I am wondering because I have a old dell at101w I was thinking of painting but I didn't know what type of paint would be safe for the plastic.
Good question - I would have to ask my dad about that.
It's the paint used for cars - that's as much as I know

·
TotallydubbedHD on YT
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighoppins View Post

Ok thank you. If you find out let me know. There is a lot of different paint you can get for cars.
so I asked dad and he said he would have to ask the body shop. He said the paint is a special one and isn't a single layer one. 2-3 coats of paint were applied to the boards

·
Registered
814 Posts
Really nice mod, I prefer the CM orange, it seems to pop a bit more than the yellow. You're lucky you got this done for free, cause it looks like an expensive mod. Wish I could've justified buying a mechanical for work, I've such a lame work computer that I really don't see the point unless my boss does me a solid and give me a upgrade
rolleyes.gif

Not concerned about cleptos?

Those ironman keycaps tho
thumb.gif

·
TotallydubbedHD on YT
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triniboi82 View Post

Really nice mod, I prefer the CM orange, it seems to pop a bit more than the yellow. You're lucky you got this done for free, cause it looks like an expensive mod. Wish I could've justified buying a mechanical for work, I've such a lame work computer that I really don't see the point unless my boss does me a solid and give me a upgrade
rolleyes.gif

Not concerned about cleptos?

Those ironman keycaps tho
thumb.gif
hehe thanks!
And yeah I don't get paid enough to be honest, but can't stand typing on those pleb keyboards at work lol
tongue.gif

So yeah, I wanted a mech - it cost £70 incl delivery....so in all honesty it isn't expensive for the mech keyboard, especially a nice one like the CM XT.

I don't see something like that "expensive" when you use it every day for 7hrs a day.
Watching 3 films in IMAX (around 6.5hrs) would cost me £45 on its own...lol
So yeah - something I can use for years (no matter where I am) and use for over 7hrs a day? £70 is peanuts as an investment!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts