Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I took this profile pic
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My laptop is an Acer V3-551G-X419.

Many times when typing, my laptop will skip letters and spaces. This happens when both plugged in and on battery, but mostly on battery. For example, if I type,

The dog runs over the hill

will be

Thed ogr uns over thehi ll.

That's actually how the first sentence typed out and I had to go back and fix it.

I already went into my BIOS to see if the power was the problem but there are no power saving options or any way to adjust any power settings. The BIOS is very bare boned. Clock settings (internal time clock, not frequency clock) and some boot options, but that's it. IWOULD be totally... see how that typed? Now you know my struggle. But I would be totally willing to get a modded BIOS. That's how desperate I am.

Also, I have 6 GB RAM, a 2 GB and a 4 GB. Both 1600. I'd be willing to replace the 2 GB but I don't know if that would do anything and I don't want to spend $35 on a SODIMM of 4 GB. The RAM is only at about 40-50% usage when browsing. I can play light games like Xcom Enemy Unknown fine on it. I've not had a problem wit that. Just typing.

·
Premium Member
6,821 Posts
Maybe work on your grammar a tad, hard to read...

What are your temperatures? Maybe the laptop is overheating? You might also want to check to see if the cores are parked. Check Resource Monitor and the CPU screen. It will tell you if the cores are parked or not next to the core assigned. So something like "Core 0 - Parked"

Have you done necessary cleaning of the PC? Removing bloatware, system updates, video driver updates, chipset updates? Try those. It could also be in your power settings. Change things to prefer maximum performance.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Have you ran mal ware and virus scans? Also have you checked your space bars actuators to be sure they are working every time you press them?

·
Eh, Wha?
9,947 Posts
This isn't an issue with your RAM, nor with overheating, or power saving options. No way.

Very likely the keyboard itself, or the small ribbon cable that connects it to the motherboard.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero4549 View Post

This isn't an issue with your RAM, nor with overheating, or power saving options. No way.

Very likely the keyboard itself, or the small ribbon cable that connects it to the motherboard.
this or as I said sometimes spy ware adware and viruses can cause "lag like" delay resulting in simular behavior..from tee sentence you cited it looks almost like the space bars actuator is getting stuck or not sending the signal fast enough

1 - 5 of 5 Posts