Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last WU didnt send the results, why didnt it?then it went to a screen that says this:

Donater: Garry88
Team No. 37726
Finished WUs:4
working on: p2306_BBA5_pfold in water, Core 7a
Frames completed: 0/12500
1m/frame
0/12500
WU end:6:37 pm Monday 13th feb 06
00d:00h:-40m:-00s

its the same one i just finished but its not doin any frames

it just started to do the frames, it says its done 125/12500, so y is it doin the same one again?also the same one p2306_BBA5_pfold in water, Core7a has restarted 5 times until tonight when it finished and now its doin the same one again

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
I just had a similar problem with WU's repeating themselves and did a re-install of FAH and that didnt help. I have FAH on a rig with only a 10 gig hard disk so I just did a windows install again and it seemed to have come good. I gave up on trying to find out the problem, If it does it on one of my other rigs then I will be stuffed if Im doing a reinstall on a full hard disk just to get folding going again. I spose you could have it on another disk and run it from there. it also wouldnt get and recieve work units when the other rigs were having no problems, it was like it wasnt connected to the network when it was.........crazy.

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garry88

question: y isnt anyone answering my questions about folding

Perhaps no one was on who had an answer to your question. Please wait 24 hours before bumping as it gives other members a reasonable chance to respond to your questions.

It's very common to get the same WU repeatedly, so that's not an issue. Check out Stanford's folding stats page (linked in the folidng FAQ in my sig) a few hours after you submitted a WU if you're concerned about it having been reported correctly. There are no sites available with live folding stats, and Stanford's site (being the host for the project) is the most up to date. Sometimes their servers are down in which case the completed WU will remain in your queue until it can properly report.

If a core repeatedly restarts, it possible is a result of an unstable OC. Some of the folding cores are extremely intensive and can root out instabilities that other tests miss, especially if some of the more intensive flags are utilized. If you're not OCed, I would suggest manually deleting the offending core from your folding directory so that the software downloads a clean copy of it.

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
Just go into your [email protected] directory and delete all of the FAHCore_XX files. The software will download the appropriate cores again as needed. That will help if there's a glitch in a core on your HD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts