Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my lovely small Lian Li Pc TU-100.
The components i have chosen are:

Case: Lian Li TU100b
Motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VII IMPACT Z97 mini itx
Ram: Corsair Vengeance low profile CML16GX3M2A1866C10 16GB (2X8GB) DDR3 1866MHZ
CPU: i7 4790k
CPU COOLER: SILVERSTONE NT01-PRO NITROGON
SSD: 850 EVO 2.5" SATA III 1TB
GPU: Asus GTX970 DCMOC 4GB( 90YV07C1-M0NA00 )
PSU: SILVERSTONE SFX SX600-G 600W 80 PLUS GOLD Fully Modular
Rom Drive: TEAC BD-W26SS-BM3 Blue-Ray Recorder

I started with water cooling intentions but changed my mind and went with Air cooling solution.
So i swapped the stock cooler with the SILVERSTONE NT01-PRO NITROGON

and changed the intake fan with a NOCTUA industrial NF - F12 PWM 120mm blowing direct on the heat sink of my i7 4790k.

Like most TU-100 owners I perforated the bottom of the case removing the storage mount and relocating the SSD over my Blue-Ray Recorder, installed a Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex 14 added rubber feet gaining height of the flour to improve the air intake and help the Gpu cooling.
Near shot of the rubber feet

Bottom installed rubber feet

A future move will be the installation of a Samsung 950 PRO NVMe 1TB occupying the existing m.2 socket when it comes out.
For now i can carry my rig every ware i need having a powerful PC in very small dimensions without compromises.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Amazing, how much power you can squeeze in this little box. That cpu-cooler is huge, I have some passive-cooling ambitions of my low-power setup (undervolted 6300T, no graphics card), but am a little unsure if I can squeeze the two 3.5" drives somewhere if a monster cooler is mounted.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Love it man, specially the cooler!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Last update:

Got the dual top fan mode to help the exit of hot air. Perforated the top with 3mm drillbit same way as the bottom and installed two Noctua A6 PWM fan's.

Have replace the rubber feet with metallic drawer handles. Bit taller but more space to catch up air underneath.

Also i removed the shroud of my ASUS 970 Mini so the hot air of the GPU don't get trapped in the under part of the case but get out with the case ventilation.

·
Typo Elemental
3,223 Posts
Very nice
thumb.gif

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got a Asus gtx1050Ti 4Gb ( https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/EX-GTX1050TI-4G/ ) with dual fan 21,20cm long, to see how much space do it leave and the passing way in the case. Due to it low TDP and power draw the case is very cool and silent. For those not needing hi performance and more casual low end gaming the perfect solution.
Her some pictures of my Bild changes.

Just installed the GPU free of CPU cooler and PSU.

The GPU it self.

Full overview of the interior.

Here is the space left behind the GPU and the front in take fan. I replace the last installed Noctua 140 with the old Noctua 120.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts