Overclock.net banner

261 - 280 of 305 Posts

·
✔️
1,585 Posts
Got my G400 today. I ordered from logitech webshop just to get a decent mouse while my DA is getting RMA'd. Luckily I got a prediction free one. I immediately noticed that the sensor is much more accurate than my MX518's sensor. Might be because I got used to no prediction with my DA. Definitely a good backup mouse for 22€. Got it for so cheap because I had a loyalty discount coupon.

·
Registered
84 Posts
At 800 CPI the G400 tracks equally as well as DA 3.5g, and on my QcK has a slightly slower lift off. Might find yourself preferring the G400, comes down to shape preference really
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
So quick question: Is there anyway from the outside (product number etc...) in which you can tell if a certain G400 has prediction?

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axaion View Post

been covered to death if you read the thread, there will be a sticker on the box.
and the sticker says....

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesekiwi View Post

and the sticker says....
In retail stores, you can tell the difference between the older and newer versions by the package's transparent closure labels; G400s without angle snapping have the Logitech logo printed on these labels. G400s with angle snapping have no printing on these labels.

from: http://www.overclock.net/t/1197269/g400-angle-snapping-removed

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post

In retail stores, you can tell the difference between the older and newer versions by the package's transparent closure labels; G400s without angle snapping have the Logitech logo printed on these labels. G400s with angle snapping have no printing on these labels.
from: http://www.overclock.net/t/1197269/g400-angle-snapping-removed
thank you. Somebody actually answered the question.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
41 Posts
If anyone has both a G5v2 (the blue one with the extra side button) and a G400, can please tell me:

1) How is the texture of the G400 compares to the G5? This weird rubberized texture makes sometimes my hand sweat, but i liked the texture of the mx518.

2) I found out that the g400 doesn't use a braided cable like the g5, i absolutely love the braided cable and when i place it correctly it almost feels like a wireless mouse to me. I've used those standard cables with less expensive mouse and i can't stand them. So, how is the g400 cable feels?

3) Is the g400 lighter or it has the same weight as the g5v2?

·
Aren't this fancy!
7,225 Posts
If the OP still has one, or any other members, how is the exterior of the mouse holding up for you? It seems like the newer versions of the MX518 that I have used wore really badly, whereas my original one from 6+ years ago still looks great and works great as well.

Mainly concerned about that rubber coating peeling off around the sides and top, if they got that tough again this should be a worthy successor. I still don't like the new feet design though, my old one has 5 little teardrop sized feet, much nicer than the big pads they went to.

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster_is_better View Post

If the OP still has one, or any other members, how is the exterior of the mouse holding up for you? It seems like the newer versions of the MX518 that I have used wore really badly, whereas my original one from 6+ years ago still looks great and works great as well.

Mainly concerned about that rubber coating peeling off around the sides and top, if they got that tough again this should be a worthy successor. I still don't like the new feet design though, my old one has 5 little teardrop sized feet, much nicer than the big pads they went to.
mine has held up great so far. the finish look's just fine.

I have thought about looking for aftermarket skate's for it but haven't actually looked for them. They should be around somewhere.

All and all its my favorite mouse yet, I won't be replacing mine anytime soon that's for sure.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Mine is still like new after 14 months, except left main button is starting to be a little shiny in place where I press it and of course feet are much better polished now but no need to change yet.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts

·
Aren't this fancy!
7,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKomputing View Post

Quote:

mine has held up great so far. the finish look's just fine.

I have thought about looking for aftermarket skate's for it but haven't actually looked for them. They should be around somewhere.

All and all its my favorite mouse yet, I won't be replacing mine anytime soon that's for sure.
Thanks for feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glymbol View Post

Mine is still like new after 14 months, except left main button is starting to be a little shiny in place where I press it and of course feet are much better polished now but no need to change yet.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatelolcats View Post

the black stuff on the logitech branding started peeling on mine
How old is it? I almost wonder if it varies by batch, maybe some of them get a lighter coating or something that makes them fail sooner.

I was curious because they are on sale at Amazon for $22
http://www.overclock.net/t/1369875/amazon-logitech-mice-on-sale-today-only/0_20

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
i wouldnt count it as a failure. its purely cosmetic. actually i wish that brand button thing wasnt on there at all

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
Quote:

Still using the one in my review. Used daily and no signs of wear at all. However, I take extremely good care of my stuff so I've really never had issues with any peripheral in the past really.

261 - 280 of 305 Posts