Overclock.net banner

281 - 300 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatelolcats View Post

i wouldnt count it as a failure. its purely cosmetic. actually i wish that brand button thing wasnt on there at all
i agree, therefore i have removed it with a flathead screwdriver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatelolcats View Post

i wouldnt count it as a failure. its purely cosmetic. actually i wish that brand button thing wasnt on there at all
Agree. Don't like that badge
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00pe View Post

There is prediction on my version (PID: LZ12923) but it's not such a big deal imo it's just matter of time (also Logitech released their "second version" of the mouse which is without prediction and the annoying angle snapping bug should be removed).
No jitter at all on my Razer Goliathus Control Edition (imma buy the speed edition it's kind of better from what i've heard from my friends).
Tracking is just fine as you can see in my video i can guarantee you that (especially source engine based games; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U553p021pRE)
I used to play with Abyssus (claw grip) and the responsiveness was just a little bit better but you can't really see difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferRising View Post

So for playing with 400DPI ; 6/11 windows sens - G400 is the perfect mouse and the best possible ? (mostly for playing CS 1.6)

no acceleration whatsoever

no predtiction/angle snapping

no jitter

great tracking

great responsiveness


??
Quote:
Originally Posted by whybother View Post

I've opened all four of my G400s up

Logitech G400 with prediction - Avago 3080E
Logitech G400 without prediction - Avago 3095

The 3095 does perform far better at 3600dpi. No jitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONVMENTVM View Post

What the hell is going on there? Actually it should have the 3095 inside:

http://www.f-paper.com/?i715960_8
(noob question) How do you realize which version is the mouse sensor?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overclocker.Monster View Post

(noob question) How do you realize which version is the mouse sensor?
Its PID would be 13333 or greater.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overclocker.Monster View Post

What is PID? where would I see that PID on the mouse? on the box?
on the sticker at the bottom of the mouse.
if you don't have a PID there, your mouse is even newer than the ones which have a PID >13333 and so you don't have prediction either(and nothing to worry about).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
My P/N is: 810-002197 and S/N is 2347HC004ZX8. I do not know my G400 has prediction or not but draw some lines in paint I could see some lines have prediction because the lines were so straight. Not sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
595 Posts
All G400 with S/N instead of PID don't have angle snapping enabled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
595 Posts
I use 125Hz mostly, 500Hz only for playing CS 1.6.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,455 Posts
Ive been using 1k with the g400 for months, but naturally my optimizer kicks in and I want to change stuff. with various mouse rate measure tools its 1000hz constantly in fast to averagely fast movements, but in slow movements it always drops down to as low as 100hz.. this annoys me, I want one value constantly.... I heard the deathadder 3g stays at 1000hz all the time?
 

·
Mouse reviewer
Joined
·
3,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfkay View Post

Ive been using 1k with the g400 for months, but naturally my optimizer kicks in and I want to change stuff. with various mouse rate measure tools its 1000hz constantly in fast to averagely fast movements, but in slow movements it always drops down to as low as 100hz.. this annoys me, I want one value constantly.... I heard the deathadder 3g stays at 1000hz all the time?
Afaik Hz is always dependent on your movement, for every mouse. As long as it stays on 1000 Hz constantly on normal/fast movement you're fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
630 Posts
I got an issue with my G400

To do a left clic I need to press it a bit more than the Right clic is there some "mod" or fix that I could to balance this and let both at the same level? or is it that the left contact is more spread than the right one and thats why I need to press a lil bit more and that can not be fixed..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
the left click button is loose a little bit
smile.gif
its a common problem with this device!
i've noticed that if i shake my G400 very quickly , some kind of sound comes out of it ! looks like something is loose in it !
would you please do this and inform me if your device has this problem or not ?! thanks
smile.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navidre View Post

the left click button is loose a little bit
smile.gif
its a common problem with this device!
i've noticed that if i shake my G400 very quickly , some kind of sound comes out of it ! looks like something is loose in it !
would you please do this and inform me if your device has this problem or not ?! thanks
smile.gif
I can only speak from my own experience that I didn't really notice any problems like that on my old g400 and I don't notice them on my current g400s either. The internals of the g400 and g400s are pretty much identical AFAIK, but if anything sound would come from shaking the mouse quickly, it would probably from the scroll wheel, which has two metal clips. Alternatively it could also be a loose screw. I'm not sure if you could send it in for replacement but you could pry open the PTFE pads below the mouse and do a little tinkering. As long as you're careful with the mouse feet and put them back nicely afterwards, there should be no sign that you took your mouse apart and your warrant probably won't be void.
 
281 - 300 of 305 Posts
Top