Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My MX518, the Hero for 30 minutes of web browsing ..
Product batch 2018, if I do believe carton printing of Logitech copyrights?

After 30 minutes of use at web browsing, wheel rotation clicking feedback this is dead.
I do own two MX510 for ten years, I do the cleaning and service when needed, wheel rotation clicking feedback never failed.

Now I am obligated to start local RMA in two days, because I did not had the chance yet to test it at gaming.

Both sensor for wheel and surface scanning, they are match better, mouse DPI compatibility this has to do with screen resolution.
Old MX510 was made to serve 1024x768 windows desktop resolution, when MX518 this is capable for 1080P and even higher.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They don't make like they used to, fail pretty fast)
No **** ? This is 44 EUR retail .
How much a damn steel spring worth today in China? :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
It sounds like a manufacturing defect for it to die 30 minutes after web browsing.

Luckily Logitech has a pretty good RMA process. Typically they will just mail you a new mouse.

I can't remember how old my MX518 is by now. It still has the old Logitech logo where Logitech is written out.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It sounds like a manufacturing defect for it to die 30 minutes after web browsing.

Luckily Logitech has a pretty good RMA process. Typically they will just mail you a new mouse.
it is manufacturing defect limited to a single steel spring, wheel now rotates almost free with out steel spring tension.
is it cut in half?
is it anchor plastic point for the steel spring broken? I will never find out.

The plan this is returning by shipping the mouse back at Monday, then about three days as local RMA process, the replacement will arrive Wednesday of Thursday.
Right click button tension also seems to have softened when now compared to Left click button.

My 25 years long good luck, at buying new products with zero defects, this is now lost due Logitech

·
LTSC for life crew
3,789 Posts
It might be time to return to the store you bought it from or RMA it through Logitech directly. Not entirely sure what a local RMA is?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It might be time to return to the store you bought it from or RMA it through Logitech directly. Not entirely sure what a local RMA is?
Spesific store this is located at Athens Greece, it has delivery chain with their own vehicles, at major in size cities ( as is my own) they have an office that a customer collects directly the goods that ordered from their Web shop within 24 hours.
Once a day, their vehicle will move goods from Athens to my location and vice versa .
In case of a problem, I have to simply deliver the goods back to their local office (1 Km distance from my base), goods will transferred back in Athens and team of experts they will inspect the goods and act accordingly.

In other words, the distance of my base with their Central warehouse, this approximately 400Km.

I did return the mouse this Thursday, at Friday this was back in Athens, next working day Monday 14.
I am assuming one week time as max delay, so the gears to move and a replacement to be send back.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
While I am waiting for RMA to be completed and get my new replacement mouse, I had the chance to talk today directly with Logitech office in Greece.

Logitech considers nowadays the MX518 as End of Life product, but it will be in production at smaller numbers (recent Factory decision).

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Logitech GOODBYE for ever.

NEW shielded G213 with damaged key Left-Arrow ( I was using Photoshop to edit new pictures of Logitech goods and I discovered Left-Arrow be defect).
NEW shielded MX518 and scroll wheel with flimsy feedback at rotation, sounds as something rubbing instead of clicking sound.
I had enough... I am returning everything back .

Just ordered
Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse, PixArt PAW3389PRO-MS, DPI range up to 16,000, identical dimensions to MX510 (38.90 EUR) .
And two of Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 GR Black Retail. (14.10 EUR x2)

Logitech does not even offer G-HUB offsite installer, and their buggy software fill-up my Windows event viewer log.
20 messages exchanged with Logitech support and no solution.

The Logitech that we knew in Europe, this is dead, this brand it is now something other, products leave the factory with out any QC and the customers are up to discover if a product works or not properly.
They do not respect our money and our time.
Now I will ask from Logitech to delete my account too.
My worst shopping experience in the past 25 years.

·
- Insanity Beckons -
4,821 Posts
Time to get the latest Steelseries Prime+ model.

Exact same mx518 shape, but they chose far superior components for their latest release.

Don't waste your money on Logitech anymore, far better getting another model instead. Life is too short to put up with utter garbage these days.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Time to get the latest Steelseries Prime+ model.

Exact same mx518 shape, but they chose far superior components for their latest release.

Don't waste your money on Logitech anymore, far better getting another model instead. Life is too short to put up with utter garbage these days.
Advice appreciated, about totally avoiding Logitech.

Currently the the paid capital of 95.40EUR for the Logitech products, this is still trapped in the paper work (even after a week time).
This should be now credited back so to be able to pay for Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse along with two new Microsoft keyboard (they are waiting to be picked up, as soon refund gets approved after inspection of the returned products).

Bottom line, the Logitech adventure it did not cost just money to me, but four weeks of emotional stress along driving and gasoline.
I am aware of Steel-series, but I am clueless of well it is written their software.

Microsoft software for their gaming mouse this is well made, regarding use of system resources.
By choosing Microsoft products, I am now even expecting cash-back of 28.40 EUR

I do sound more as accountant, but this is not my fault.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts