IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

·
Registered
329 Posts
Blindsay, is the aluminum of the the case thick enough? I'm thinking of buying a MM Ext Asc. Hopefully the top panel w/ triple quad config can handle 3 triple rads w/o flexing. What are your thoughts on the build quality?

·
Back to Building
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunesolace;13889259
Blindsay, is the aluminum of the the case thick enough? I'm thinking of buying a MM Ext Asc. Hopefully the top panel w/ triple quad config can handle 3 triple rads w/o flexing. What are your thoughts on the build quality?
the front panel where i have my 2 360 rads is totally fine, the back though where i have 6 hard drives make the back flex a little bit but its not much.

overall im happy with the build quality

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindsay;13889318
the front panel where i have my 2 360 rads is totally fine, the back though where i have 6 hard drives make the back flex a little bit but its not much.

overall im happy with the build quality
Great! Thanks for the reply( +rep). Where is the build log? You didn't make us drool over your rig.
wink.gif

·
Back to Building
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunesolace;13889352
Great! Thanks for the reply( +rep). Where is the build log? You didn't make us drool over your rig.
wink.gif
i didnt do a formal build log with this one, these pics are all i have
doh.gif

·
Registered
75 Posts
fine use of the horizontal brace to mount the res. nice work!

re: fortunesolace:
3 triple rads up top w/ the triple quad top panel

it'll hold it. it might flex a little bit, though. I mounted 3 quads up there a bit to see how it would do and was impressed (then again, no water inside rads=much lighter). the stiffness of the radiators bolted to the triple quad top helps minimize flexing.

the worst flexing I've had w/ those cases is 4 PSUs in the extended ascension duality back with the central 2 PSUs up in the air. I took a piece of 3/4" square dowel, painted it flat black, then stuck it under the lower of the 2 PSUs. the brace they sell for the mobo's would have worked too.
or use one of these painted.
http://www.hardwarestore.com/pop-print/larger-image.aspx?prodNo=438

·
Back to Building
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanarnam;13890298
fine use of the horizontal brace to mount the res. nice work!
thanks it was kinda empty space over there so i thought that filled it well

·
Back to Building
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedbran;13917767
Beautiful machine.
thanks, thinkin about adding a third 6970LCS
biggrin.gif

·
Back to Building
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think as much as id like to just drop in a third 6970lcs i wont because my ax850 wont be enough for 3 so i would have to get the ax1200 which means about $800 for both
mad.gif

also bump
biggrin.gif

·
Back to Building
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sircles;14140257
i splurged all over my keyboard. ffs.
your computer is a freaking beast lol, mine pales in comparision

·
Registered
400 Posts
Just had another look... Really great attention to detail here mate.
I will get to custom cabling and sleeving my beast soon. Im also going to go for another 3 top mounted Rads on a new custom panel and 2 x Koolance 1000W water cooled PSUs. (Just fits!) Going to be a cabling nightmare but i think it will be worth it. Probably go for some new Quad 6970s and a 990x at the same time... Will have to do a gas strut and hinge for the top panel for servicing.... does this addiction ever stop????

·
Back to Building
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatboy69;14209002
Just had another look... Really great attention to detail here mate.
I will get to custom cabling and sleeving my beast soon. Im also going to go for another 3 top mounted Rads on a new custom panel and 2 x Koolance 1000W water cooled PSUs. (Just fits!) Going to be a cabling nightmare but i think it will be worth it. Probably go for some new Quad 6970s and a 990x at the same time... Will have to do a gas strut and hinge for the top panel for servicing.... does this addiction ever stop????
it never stops lol, im already thinking about whats next. Thanks for the comments
biggrin.gif

Part of the reason i went with the Horizontal brace was that it made it easier to hide the wires underneath since cable management on the MM cases is not that easy as im sure you know lol. It was interesting trying to find everything red/black big part that i lucked out in was the motherboard because i wanted a GOOD motherboard but at the same time i wanted it to match my color scheme, i think the board i have fits the bill rather well:thumb:

hardware wise, i wish i just went with the AX1200 and a third 6970 but now its a hassle trying to sell my ax850 so i can upgrade to the AX1200

·
Registered
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindsay;14209076
it never stops lol, im already thinking about whats next. Thanks for the comments
biggrin.gif

Part of the reason i went with the Horizontal brace was that it made it easier to hide the wires underneath since cable management on the MM cases is not that easy as im sure you know lol. It was interesting trying to find everything red/black big part that i lucked out in was the motherboard because i wanted a GOOD motherboard but at the same time i wanted it to match my color scheme, i think the board i have fits the bill rather well:thumb:

hardware wise, i wish i just went with the AX1200 and a third 6970 but now its a hassle trying to sell my ax850 so i can upgrade to the AX1200
You know you want it!...Just do it!
smile.gif
If you were local i could ship you a spare 1200W modular Supply I have lying around.. Im in Australia!

·
Back to Building
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatboy69;14209205
You know you want it!...Just do it!
smile.gif
If you were local i could ship you a spare 1200W modular Supply I have lying around.. Im in Australia!
yeah wanting it is not the problem lol. But now that ive stepped down from eyefinity to a single 1600p screen im not sure i really need the third
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exzited;14209744
how do you deal with those sickles they much such a annoying high pitched noise
I have them too.. but i dont get any such high pitch noise. Maybe with a PWM controller???. They run silent from 3.5v 600RPM to about 1200RPM when you start to hear slight "wind" noise. Then more aggressive wind noise to max at 2000RPM. But its not high pitched or annoying at all.

BTW there are a few different model CM sickle fans in production with different motors and RPM/Airflow. I have an R4 model that isnt available much outside Asia pacific which is different than the US and UK models.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts