64,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701

Lol fixed the links..any other opinions

I'm sure the x1600xt wasn't created until after that list was printed. I'm fairly sure they simply didn't update it out of laziness. You'll often see motherboards not listing that they support X2 cores, when in fact, they do.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Quote:

Lol fixed the links..any other opinions

well it seems that all the cards on the support list are infact a 16x bus speed, so there should be no problems running the x1600 as that is also 16x bus speed, the makers of the motherboard probably didnt update their site since new graphics cards have come onto the market

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

o.K then thanks dude..its just i noticed on site and on my box it says its PCI-E X4 but on the support list there all 16x lol confusing

If you look closely at your motherboard, you'll see that you have a small slot that you're not using. You have a PCI Express 4X slot for future expansion and it's not your video card slot. See it? If not, post a pic and I'll load it in MSPaint and circle it for you.

·
Administrator
64,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by sccr64472

If you look closely at your motherboard, you'll see that you have a small slot that you're not using. You have a PCI Express 4X slot for future expansion and it's not your video card slot. See it? If not, post a pic and I'll load it in MSPaint and circle it for you.

No i only have a AGP 8X AND A PCI-E slot for pci cards and the rest are PCI

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

No i only have a AGP 8X AND A PCI-E slot for pci cards and the rest are PCI

Ya, didn't notice you bought the ASRock. It's the only board I've ever seen that has PCI Express video slot but not any PCI-X 4X or 2X slots. It must be because you have an AGP slot.

·
Administrator
64,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Ya, didn't notice you bought the ASRock. It's the only board I've ever seen that has PCI Express video slot but not any PCI-X 4X or 2X slots. It must be because you have an AGP slot.

Yes its because i have my trusty AGP lol

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Yes its because i have my trusty AGP lol

Just out of curiousity, how does that thing OC?

·
Administrator
64,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Just out of curiousity, how does that thing OC?

Well people say ASROCK isnt the best for ocing but i havent really oced in this board yet as i dont need to oc..so i dont really know to be honest.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts