Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I couldn't find help on this anywhere. I just got a Samsung 2463uw, and every time my computer sleeps, or resets, or anytime the monitor gets a standby signal, it goes to standby, and does not come back. I had a Samsung 21.6" before, and it had no problem. I have the latest drivers for the monitor, and my video cards. I had an 8800GT before the new cards, and the same problem happened on that card, while the original monitor was fine.

Any ideas? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,652 Posts
Maybe it's still tired?


Sorry, I had to....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
566 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demented View Post
Maybe it's still tired?


Sorry, I had to....
AHAH

on a serious note it could have something to do with you monitor cable or either connections on you graphics card or on your monitor, i would try a different cable, then a different monitor, then a different card to try and rule out things.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,372 Posts
are you using a VGA cable?? try DVI. or even HDMI.

it could be your graphics card, I'm not sure why first guess would be processor the above guy said. my first thing would be either the monitor is getting hot or something in that area, or the graphics card is struggling. do you have another to test it on , or try the other slot on your 285.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nseaton1 View Post
Hello, I couldn't find help on this anywhere. I just got a Samsung 2463uw, and every time my computer sleeps, or resets, or anytime the monitor gets a standby signal, it goes to standby, and does not come back. I had a Samsung 21.6" before, and it had no problem. I have the latest drivers for the monitor, and my video cards. I had an 8800GT before the new cards, and the same problem happened on that card, while the original monitor was fine.

Any ideas? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Same problem here. I have a dual monitor set up. Both Samsungs. One 204B and this 2463uw. The 204b wakes up, but the 2463uw doesn't. It's driving me NUTS.

I'll try out another DVI cable, and then try HDMI to see if there's any difference and report back.

Once I switched to using the HDMI cable and adapter that came with my graphics card, the monitor didn't sleep when I restarted. So far so good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KWReid View Post
Same problem here. I have a dual monitor set up. Both Samsungs. One 204B and this 2463uw. The 204b wakes up, but the 2463uw doesn't. It's driving me NUTS.

I'll try out another DVI cable, and then try HDMI to see if there's any difference and report back.

Once I switched to using the HDMI cable and adapter that came with my graphics card, the monitor didn't sleep when I restarted. So far so good.
Well I just found out that while I've fixed the problem with the monitor not waking up because when using the HDMI connector the monitor never goes to sleep. It must be manually turned off?!

*** is going on here?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KWReid View Post
Well I just found out that while I've fixed the problem with the monitor not waking up because when using the HDMI connector the monitor never goes to sleep. It must be manually turned off?!

*** is going on here?
So after running the monitor using the HDMI connection I found that when sleeping the system and resuming the monitor would resume in a state where it was not the resolution that was used when the PC went to sleep. In some cases the system would not recognize the monitor at all after resuming and I'd have to use my 2nd monitor to restart the PC where it would find it again.

I think this monitor is a piece of crap due to the problems with the sleep/standby. If you're thinking of buying this monitor, think again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by jrharvey
View Post

This is a known problem with all X58 boards. I have seen this issue with about 20 computers at least. Yours just ads to the list. Mine is the same way. It seems to only happen with dual monitors, not sure why.

Is this only with X58 boards and this monitor? Because my other Sammy doesn't have the resume problem.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top